+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2013 Giants'Training Camp: Unofficial Defensive Depth Chart

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/7/26...ve-depth-chart

Excerpt: "Here is a look at an unofficial depth chart for the New York Giants defense entering the team's 2013 training camp.

Interestingly, the chart from Ourlads has
    Dan Connor as the starting middle linebacker. Mark Herzlich held down the first-team spot through off-season training activites and mini-camp.

LDE TUCK, JUSTIN KIWANUKA, MATHIAS Tracy, Adrian Broha, Matt
    LDT Joseph, Linval ROGERS, SHAUN Austin, Marvin Okam, Frank
    RDT JENKINS, CULLEN Hankins, Johnathan Patterson, Mike Kuhn, Markus
    RDE Pierre-Paul, Jason Moore, Damontre Ojomo, Adewale Trattou, Justin
    SLB Rivers, Keith Curry, Aaron Sabino, Etienne
    MLB Connor, Dan Herzlich, Mark Muasau, Jake
    WLB Williams, Jacquian Paysinger, Spencer Bosworth, Kyle
    LCB WEBSTER, COREY Hosley, Jayron Frederick, Terrence Mertile, Junior James, Charles
    SS Brown, Stevie Mundy, Ryan Taylor, Cooper Sash, Tyler Caldwell, David
    FS ROLLE, ANTREL Hill, Will Tweedy, Alonzo
    RCB Amukamara, Prince Thomas, Terrell ROSS, AARON McBride, Trumaine Scott, Laron
    " Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    Not impressive on paper at all. Maybe that's a good though because plenty of teams that look good on paper fail.

I think we look pretty good on paper. Couple Questions but not bad overall

Well, I guess Will Hill isn't getting let go anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Not impressive on paper at all. Maybe that's a good though because plenty of teams that look good on paper fail.
    Yeah I agree, it doesn't look too pretty but that doesn't mean they won't get the job done

if the top 4 DT's stay healthy and perform, the interior of the DL could become a strength this season. you could do a lot worse then cullen jenkins and linval joseph up front.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG- View Post
    Well, I guess Will Hill isn't getting let go anytime soon
    This is just a guess
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Not much of a surprise, there.. except maybe Dan Conner over Herzlich

i actually believe in our system, aaron curry could be our mike. and be like of the mold of CB, only quicker, faster, and hit harder. if we can get him going downhill vs the run, well, i just flat out think he will beat out Connor. Eventually. Maybe not by week 1 or week 6 even but I do expect at some point to see Curry become the starting Mike.

and, i actually like our D. I think Brown can improve on his play, while not having as many picks. he could have a quiet year and it be better than last year as long as he is sound in his technique and responsibilities. I think Rolle is gonna relish the opportunity to get back at FS and really dedicate himself there to living up to all this hype he's been laying on about how he hasn't been able to play the position he was brought in for.

I also like our DT depth. I dunno if Patterson ends up behind Big Hank on the depth chart, but i still expect to see him used in the rotation often. Patterson has been a legit DT his entire career. I dont think his tanks on empty just yet, maybe one more solid push left. I like that Moore is going to be spelling JPP. A lot of athleticism will be attacking that OT.

I believe Prince is a solid corner on the verge of becoming a premier corner. And i dont think Webster was as bad as last year. I also am high on Hosely's upside as the nickel corner and possibly the #2 corner by seasons end.

all in all, if we can get to leads with our offense, i think our D can really be effective. but, a lot of the onus is on the offense. i dont know how many holds to expect from this D while playing from behind based on last year. it seemed to snowball when things got tough...