+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Contract In Hand, Victor Cruz Looks To Build On What He Started

New Contract In Hand, Victor Cruz Looks To Build On What He Started

http://insidefootball.com/blog/2013/...at-he-started/

Excerpt: "By all accounts, getting his new long-term contract done after almost a year of haggling was almost as steep of a hill for wide receiver Victor Cruz to climb as making the Giants roster as an undrafted rookie free agent out of UMass three years ago.

Like everything obstacle that has come his way, Cruz hung tough and waited patiently for things to fall into place. So now that that he has a deal that secures his and his family’s financial future with a pact that will pay him $45.879 million over the next six years, Cruz is ready to take on his next challenge.

That challenge is to build on what the Giants single-season receiving yards record holder with 1,536 yards in 2011 started the last two seasons in which he has logged 2,628 regular season receiving yards on 168 receptions and 19 touchdowns., earning his first Pro Bowl nod last year

“Continue to be consistent. Continue to catch the ball well. Continue to score. Eliminate the drops and continue to be the same person that I am, smiling from ear to ear when I’m making plays,” Cruz said on Friday at the opening of Giants training camp.

Although Cruz, who missed the entire spring while the details of his new deal were being hammered out, didn’t get a chance to do any work with quarterback Eli Manning during the team’s downtime before camp due to schedule conflicts, both receiver and quarterback feel that re-establishing that chemistry will be just like riding a bicycle.

“I think having Eli’s experience, he knows exactly where he wants to place the ball and I know where he wants it,” Cruz said. “It’s just a matter of physically doing it, physically getting the routes down, but Eli’s a tremendous help in terms of understanding the playbook. Understanding what he wants out of each one of us and it will be easy for us to get back on the same page.”

“He knows the offense well so it should not take us long to get back on track and get to work,” Manning added. “Obviously, we don’t have many practices before this first pre-season game so we have to get right back at it.”

It’s also going to help Cruz to have a healthy Hakeem Nicks back in the lineup. Last year with Nicks hobbled by a knee injury, opposing defenses were able to clamp down on Cruz’s production by doubling him more often than not.

“It’ll make all the difference,” Cruz said of having Nicks back at 100 percent. “ Hakeem is a special player, and when he’s healthy and all of us are out there on the same accord, playing together, we’re a tough team to beat. So I think when he’s out there healthy and everybody’s clicking and everybody’s on the same page, I think it’s just going to be beneficial to the success of our team.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Cruz has a good publicist, this is damage control level red. Everyone who wondered about Jay-Z role a CCA, this is probably more realistic than him negotiating contracts. These fluff articles are right out of a hollywood whitewash campaign.

Not that I am complaining, if only they would hire him a Twitter warden we would be better off.

This guy is gona show everyone why he wanted a big payday!!! I cant wait to see this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    Cruz has a good publicist, this is damage control level red. Everyone who wondered about Jay-Z role a CCA, this is probably more realistic than him negotiating contracts. These fluff articles are right out of a hollywood whitewash campaign.

Not that I am complaining, if only they would hire him a Twitter warden we would be better off.
    +1 now this is much better.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by embeshAtYa View Post
    This guy is gona show everyone why he wanted a big payday!!! I cant wait to see this!!!
    I sure hope so too.
    At least signing him late didn't give him a chance to get fat and lazy with his newfound millions.

I'm always a skeptic when guys get paid though

+ Reply to Thread