+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AWAY GAMES

AWAY GAMES

What away games have you all been to? Best and worst experiences.

Family being a season ticket holders since 1950s, I can't believe I've only been to 1 Giants away game. I have seen a few games at old Mile High Stadium when at college in Colorado, but no Giants other than in New Orleans a few years ago. We got killed as you remember. But a great city and fans treated us (18of us!) well with only mild ribbing and heckling near end of game. Mostly they thanked us for coming to their city after Katrina.

best away game for me was TB 07 playoffs.

This doesn't pertain to the Giants, but my boyfriend is a die hard Niners fan so last year as a Christmas present I took to Gillette Staduim for the Niners vs Pats Sunday night. WHAT AN AWFUL EXPERIENCE when we got into the stadium and the pats started losing... talk about a bunch of sore heads. It was so pathetic how people were acting, we were minding our own business, but grown men felt the need to act like babies!!!! We did have a great time tailgating and made friend with some people, and obviously the out come at the end of the game was enjoyable as well :] We said we will never go to that stadium again though.

P.s. The dirty looks I got when people found out I was a giants fan was priceless hahahaha OH WELL
    ALL IN! NYG

The games in Dallas are great. It is a fun city and the Cowboy fans there are cool.
    The polar oposite are games in Philly. The fans are the worst I have ever seen, though I hear that San Fran fans come close..
    No one remembers who came in second.

I went to one game at the old Vet, during the bleak time known as the Dan Reeves era (yes, Dave Clown was starting at the time). I actually got pity from the Phili fans. It really sucked. I practically begged one of them to hit me instead.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    best away game for me was TB 07 playoffs.
    I live in Tampa, I was there. Great day!

I forgot the game in TB.... But, of course, the Giants were technically home team in that disaster of a SB!

I went to one game at the Vet, I've been to a few at the Georgia Dome, I was at the @ New England game in '11, and I have been to 3 in Tampa, '99, '07 Play-offs, and '08 regular season. I think that covers it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    What away games have you all been to? Best and worst experiences.
    BEST - Been to 4 Giants games in Tampa, we won the last 3 handily, and I certainly let all the Tampa fans know it, especially the playoff win. No one ever uttered one nasty word to me there, extremely laid back crowd.
    WORST - To quote Steve Weatherford "Just pulled into Philly, WHAT A DUMP!"

Christmas Eve.. Jets/Giants.. Does that count?
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Troy Niklas, TE Notre Dame - (3)Jack Mewhort, OT Ohio State
    (4)Brandon Coleman, WR Rutgers - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

+ Reply to Thread