+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AWAY GAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    I live in Mass. Am a die hard Giants fan. I go to all games when the Giants are in town. Always wear my Giants clothing. I have never been herrassed by anyone. A few barbs back and forth during the game, but nothing to complain about. I also wear my Giants shirt and jacket anywhere I go, without incidents.
    I think it helps that most older folks in Mass. were Giants fans before a Patriots team ever existed...

Every year for the last 5 years I've driven from Jersey to Fed Ex field in Landover to watch the Giants vs Skins games. Fans are great. Passionate and decent human beings. Win or lose they are pretty cool. The stadium is a dump though. UGH.

I've also been to the Ravens stadium last year. Fans were very loud, passionate, nice, fun, and although the Giants got creamed, it was a fun day. No place to tailgate though that I could find. Had to park in a garage. Stadium was very nice. I'd go again.

I am aming for Dallas in 2014-15 and I have to get myself to Lambeau to see a Packers Giants game at some point.

Buffalo and NE are also close enough to drive. Albeit far far away.

Scoops

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    What away games have you all been to? Best and worst experiences.

Family being a season ticket holders since 1950s, I can't believe I've only been to 1 Giants away game. I have seen a few games at old Mile High Stadium when at college in Colorado, but no Giants other than in New Orleans a few years ago. We got killed as you remember. But a great city and fans treated us (18of us!) well with only mild ribbing and heckling near end of game. Mostly they thanked us for coming to their city after Katrina.
    I was there as well. It was over before it started...
    Eli's 5 interceptions?
    #BlameRandle

Quote Originally Posted by BklynBlue View Post
    Tampa for the playoffs in 07 was great
    Dallas always fun. Great nightlife, great looking women...lots of fun. I go to an away game in Dallas every year.
    Carolina. Great little college town. Again the nightlife was great. Stayed at Marriot and walked to stadium on game day.
    Philly just plain sucks

San Diego for this yeal is already booked. Cant wait!!!
    dang, way to go repping the Gmen all over. wish I could do something like that...same thing with license plate fan, guy does it right...

Ford Field during the 2007 season. Got to sit in a corporate suite

Starter
    2012 - Cincinnati - Loss - sucked!
    2011 - Philadelphia -- Win -- Awesome!
    2010 - Indy - Loss
    2009 - Dallas - Win -- Awesome to watch the Giants take the first ever game in Cowboys stadium
    2008 - Pittsburgh - Win -- Great football town, great time.
    2007 - Atlanta - Win -- ok town, terrible stadium
    2006 - Jacksonville - Loss -- waterfront stadium, but not much to do in Jax.

Best game was Giants beating Dallas to open the JerryDome. Favorite stadium was probably Pittsburgh, because it's downtown and the fans create a good atmosphere. We had a good time in Philly and the fans weren't as bad as I've heard -- but we were at a 1:00 game, which gave them less time to get liquored up. Philly fans around us said the later the game, the worse the experience for visiting fans. Lincoln Financial Field was actually a pretty nice stadium.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sg92 View Post
    2012 - Cincinnati - Loss - sucked!
    2011 - Philadelphia -- Win -- Awesome!
    2010 - Indy - Loss
    2009 - Dallas - Win -- Awesome to watch the Giants take the first ever game in Cowboys stadium
    2008 - Pittsburgh - Win -- Great football town, great time.
    2007 - Atlanta - Win -- ok town, terrible stadium
    2006 - Jacksonville - Loss -- waterfront stadium, but not much to do in Jax.

Best game was Giants beating Dallas to open the JerryDome. Favorite stadium was probably Pittsburgh, because it's downtown and the fans create a good atmosphere. We had a good time in Philly and the fans weren't as bad as I've heard -- but we were at a 1:00 game, which gave them less time to get liquored up. Philly fans around us said the later the game, the worse the experience for visiting fans. Lincoln Financial Field was actually a pretty nice stadium.
    As much of a dump as Philthy is, I got lost in Cinci once where 75 splits off and I was supposed to head toward Columbus instead. In the dump list, Cinci isn't too far behind. Thank God it was daytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    I live in Mass. Am a die hard Giants fan. I go to all games when the Giants are in town. Always wear my Giants clothing. I have never been herrassed by anyone. A few barbs back and forth during the game, but nothing to complain about. I also wear my Giants shirt and jacket anywhere I go, without incidents.
    Okay. ?
    ALL IN! NYG

Dallas. I love it when we go into Jerry's world and win! It is exceptionally sweet when we clinch the NFC East in their house!!!

whenever they play in Detroit I'm there. Including that odd one where they played Minnesota after the roof collapsed. Woke up at like 4 in the morning and drove to Detroit to stand in line for 3 hours in like -13 temp to get tickets..... it was worth every second.
    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"