+ Reply to Thread

Contact Football ?...Ho-Hum, Still Waiting

With the new CBA, the off season has become exactly that. From the last ticks of the SB until the 4th day of summer training camp, there are no pads put on, and hitting during practice is strictly prohibited. Lots of players running around in shorts, talking about " Contact Football " ( Isn't that what we Fans do ? ) but the only contact going on is in their cafeterias, where the Forks meet their mouths. Sheesh, will somebody hit somebody already ?

Are you daft?

This, or no league at all. Pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
    With the new CBA, the off season has become exactly that. From the last ticks of the SB until the 4th day of summer training camp, there are no pads put on, and hitting during practice is strictly prohibited. Lots of players running around in shorts, talking about " Contact Football " ( Isn't that what we Fans do ? ) but the only contact going on is in their cafeterias, where the Forks meet their mouths. Sheesh, will somebody hit somebody already ?
    I getcha bro......I'm anxious for some real football too.....but lets not hurry them too much. There may be no hitting but there have already been a rash of serious injuries throughout the NFL. Just once I'd like to get through training camp without 50% of our projected defensive starters on IR
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
    I'm picking up what you're laying down. The league is too much a money maker for these guys to hit more then they already do. I would love for practices & games to expand. The league however has to protect these guys. Its all about the $$$.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    I'm picking up what you're laying down. The league is too much a money maker for these guys to hit more then they already do. I would love for practices & games to expand. The league however has to protect these guys. Its all about the $$$.
    I wonder if the OP realizes that the players asked for the lightened practice loads.

Want healthy players xome game day

I Fully Trust Big Blue's Coaches And Brass

My only thinking is, that because of the constraints brought on by the new CBA rules ( Only one 3 hour practice in pads, no more 2 -a - days, and one walk through a day ) That the pads would have come on sooner not six days after arrival.