+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quote this Papi GIF

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post

"Stupid! F$%#ing! Landline! Phones!!! They are stupid!!! I can't play Candy Crush on them!! Ump! Gimme your IPhone!"

Seriously, and this guy isn't on roids...
    Papi is friggin awesome!!!!!
    Who else would grab the microphone at Fenway after the marathon bombing, and say on National TV..."This is our ****ing city". Gave life to the entire Boston area.

You Yankee fans are sad and pathetic. Enjoy your race to the cellar.

Sorry....gotta defend my team.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

This one just dropped today MH:

David Ortiz still doesn't know why he failed that drug test in 2003

Back in 2003, MLB conducted a testing survey to see just how widespread performance-enhancing drug use was within the game. The idea was to see if the league's testing program should be improved. Results of the survey were to remain sealed under a court order.
    That did not happen, however. Approximately 100 players tested positive for a banned substance during the survey, and a partial list of names leaked in 2009. Among those names were Alex Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa and David Ortiz. After the news leaked, Ortiz held a press conference.
    “The news blindsided me,” he said at the time (Boston Herald). “Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive. Two, I will find out what I tested positive for. And, three, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public. You know me - I will not hide and I will not make excuses.”
    Four years later, Ortiz still doesn't know why he failed that drug test a decade ago. Here's what he told Rob Bradford of WEEI.com following Tuesday's win over the Astros:
    “No. Nobody. Not MLB. Not the Players Association. Nobody,” said Ortiz when asked if anyone had revealed what he had reportedly tested positive for. “They just threw it out there that I tested positive on this one list and that was it. Nothing. So I have to deal with that, and your mind is all over the place. And I've lived with it.”
    (snip)
    “I don't think I'm going to have a worse year than '09 and I came out of it,” Ortiz said. “That's the one thing I look at and the one thing I tell myself, ‘If you survive through that, you're a warrior.' A lot of things went down that year. Things I had nothing to do with. It was somebody was trying to hurt me.
    “It is something that is still in the dark because nobody ever had the [guts] to come to me and say, ‘This is what was happening.' You damaged my image at the time, and it has always stayed like that. No explanation. No nothing.”
    (snip)
    “A lot of things happen in your career that has to do with bad people trying to do stupid things.”
    I don't doubt that Ortiz doesn't know why he failed the test in 2003. Maybe he truly didn't take any banned substances. Maybe he unknowningly took something. Maybe he took a PED ****tail so great he doesn't know which drug triggered the test. Who knows?
    A separate issue here is how certain players are treated differently than others with regards to PEDs. People love Ortiz; he's a fan favorite and a go-to guy for the media. So is Andy Pettitte. Yet they both either failed a test or admitted using PEDs and have largely gotten a free pass. Others (i.e. A-Rod, let's not kid ourselves) have been practically run out of the game because they're unlikable. There's a big disconnect here.
    PEDs are a slippery slope and I don't think anyone wants to discuss them. I wish they'd all just go away, but that won't happen. Given the nonstop coverage, it's tough to understand how Ortiz can go four years (!) between his initial "I will find out what I tested positive for (and) I will share this information with my club and the public" statement and the follow-up question.
    NFL Fantasy Football Lineup:

QB - Michael Vick
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Ray Rice
    WR- Josh Gordon
    WR- Justin Blackmon
    TE - Aaron Hernandez
    RB/WR- Le'Veon Bell
    K - Matt Prater
    D/ST - 49ers

Owner - Jim Irsay
    GM - ??????