+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Randle Wants A Bigger Role, Seems Ready

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I don't think any skill player in the NFL is "fully healthy" for more than a few games in a row. If they are, they aren't engaging the play. I am as critical as the next guy for being soft. Canty is my favorite whipping boy. Nicks on the other hand dealt with more than just nicks and dings. He has some serious stuff, broken bones etc. His measure of toughness was that he played through it when others just sat out. I expect he'll be fine.

There was another guy who played for us that had the injury prone label slapped on him early in his career. He too was a warrior like Nicks. The injuries he had were major including a blown out knee, yet people called him fragile. Well his name was Phil Simms and after he got the knee and compound fracture of the thumb behind him, he was one of the most durable quarterbacks of his era. Given his toughness, I think Nicks deserves some more wiggle room.
    Jomo. I love when you make those "sit around the campfire" posts lol.

And you're right. Nicks will do everything possible to be on the field this year. As he does every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Now, let's say that there are a few teams that would be willing to over pay for Nicks if he has another injury plagued season. How many more teams would be willing to bid for his services if he plays a full 16 games at 100% Nicks level? So, would us bidding against 4-6 other teams make it more or less likely that we retain him than if there were 10+ teams showing interest, particularly since the teams that are willing to overpay are generally not good franchises?
    the giants will be more reluctant to pay nicks big time money if he has another injury plagued season. It'll be another Steve smith situation where another team comes out of the blue and snatches him away. If Nicks has a monster year, more teams might get involved but the Giants will be in the mix as well.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

Unless he has a career threatening injury I don't think the situation is comparable to SS. I got a feeling that if he blows up he's gone. Can we tag him next year? I think that would be the best option if he has an injury plagued year. Then if he gets injured again and misses significant time in 2014 you just part ways.

Suppose Nicks misses 4-5 games but come playoff time he is ready to go and comes through like he did in 2011, and we end up going deep into the playoffs or winning it all. RR has a great season. Do you still try to low ball him? Do you let him walk thinking we've got RR?

I say resign him hand keep RR and keep the titles coming. The party will end when RR's rookie contract ends, but man it will be a great run if RR can make that jump to MM level or better.

Quote Originally Posted by rar57 View Post
    in simply throwing or not throwing to him. If Eli gets comfortable with Randle, Nicks may get a disappointing contract this time next year.
    This is such nonsense! If Nicks is healthy he will be the 1A/1B receiver! (trying to keep the peace with those that believe Cruz is the go to guy). Nicks will get the ball a ton. Why?? Because Eli and the coaches want to win the SB, and a healthy Hakeem Nicks is one of the biggest pieces to that puzzle. Nicks will determine his own fate this season! That is all...

RR ripped a long one over CWeb and Prince in the top 5 from yesterday's camp. Doctor please, some more of these.

a great run if RR can make that jump to MM level or better.

Hopefully he doesn't drop the ball that much, like the didn't get touched fumble that started the second Miracle at the Meadowlands costing us the playoffs that year. I'm thinking Randle is going to be way better than MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaw View Post
    a great run if RR can make that jump to MM level or better.

Hopefully he doesn't drop the ball that much, like the didn't get touched fumble that started the second Miracle at the Meadowlands costing us the playoffs that year. I'm thinking Randle is going to be way better than MM.

I am confident of that. MM had more natural athletic explosiveness but RR's football instincts seem much stronger already. He also knows how to use that wide body to his advantage in traffic.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    This is such nonsense! If Nicks is healthy he will be the 1A/1B receiver! (trying to keep the peace with those that believe Cruz is the go to guy). Nicks will get the ball a ton. Why?? Because Eli and the coaches want to win the SB, and a healthy Hakeem Nicks is one of the biggest pieces to that puzzle. Nicks will determine his own fate this season! That is all...
    A healthy Nicks is our best receiver period.
    Engage brain before speaking.

+ Reply to Thread