+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    What is the source for your 60%
    Don't you know 87.5814% of internet stats are made up?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    You guys do realize that if Nicks has an injury plagued year it'll make it A LOT easier for us to resign him, no?
    So that's what we should root for?

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    You are good at missing the point, eh?

You're good at making statements with no point, eh?

So, humor me, and tell me what the intended point of your statement was?

Are you really unable to understand the point I was making in reference to my quoted post? If so, I don't know how clearer I could be.

Are you really unable to understand the point I was making in reference to my quoted post? If so, I don't know how clearer I could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaw View Post
    Nicks is one of the best receivers out there not named Johnson when he's healthy, not to mention one of my favorites. Randle could be real good but a Nicks type talent is hard to replace. Nicks' health will have a lot to say about his contract and how big it is and his Giant career.
    woah woah woah nicks is borderline top 10
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would guess that you actually believe that we have a better chance of resigning Nicks if he has an injury plagued year this year.

If that's your point, then you are wrong. You are correct that the Giants won't pay top dollar to sign Nicks if he has an injury plagued season but, contrary to your "point", that will increase the chance that Nicks leaves in free agency since there will be at least one team that will make the mistake of giving Nicks a deal based upon what his production would/should be if he is healthy.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would guess that you actually believe that we have a better chance of resigning Nicks if he has an injury plagued year this year.

If that's your point, then you are wrong. You are correct that the Giants won't pay top dollar to sign Nicks if he has an injury plagued season but, contrary to your "point", that will increase the chance that Nicks leaves in free agency since there will be at least one team that will make the mistake of giving Nicks a deal based upon what his production would/should be if he is healthy.
    If Nicks has an injury plagued year, he won't command top dollar, which would in fact make it easier to sign him. Whether or not we would try is up to debate, but it being easier isn't. I don't think if Nicks has a year like last that there'd be a team out there willing to give him a $10m/yr+ contract.

However, where in any of that do you get that I think we should root for Nicks to have an injury plagued year? And to that end, you completely missed the point.

If Nicks has an injury plagued year, he won't command top dollar, which would in fact make it easier to sign him. Whether or not we would try is up to debate, but it being easier isn't. I don't think if Nicks has a year like last that there'd be a team out there willing to give him a $10m/yr+ contract.

However, where in any of that do you get that I think we should root for Nicks to have an injury plagued year? And to that end, you completely missed the point.
    It's a fascinating theory, but the problem is that there are at least a half a dozen teams that routinely overpay for talent, and Nicks would only need one to come his way.
    "I was disappointed that Eli did not lead his team in that brawl. I'm not saying I would have completely lost respect for him as a leader if I were on the squad but that kind of suspect behavior would definitely have me eyeing him sideways"...elitikistrahan