+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Randle Wants A Bigger Role, Seems Ready

Randle Wants A Bigger Role, Seems Ready

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-appears-ready

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks is one of the keys, if not the biggest key, to the Giants' fate in 2013.

But in a split-second, Rueben Randle could instead become the biggest factor.

We found that out Sunday, when Nicks looked great during individual drills, but then missed the rest of practice after feeling tightness in his groin.

If Nicks goes down during the regular season (as he did last year), Randle becomes a starter, with a lot more responsibility -- something Randle wants regardless.

"I just want to go out there and make more plays," Randle said Sunday, prior to the second practice of training camp. "I think we left a lot of them out there last season that could have at least gotten us into the playoffs and had a chance to go into the Super Bowl. So I feel like we could make up on that and come out this season and make a lot of more plays."

Randle had an up-and-down rookie year with Big Blue after being drafted in the second round out of LSU. Overall, he had just 19 receptions for 288 yards. But he did show flashes of future stardom from time to time. In a Week 5 win over the Browns, he had a season-high six catches for 82 yards. And in the Giants' season-ending victory over the Eagles, he had four catches for 58 yards, including a pair of touchdowns.

Randle said Sunday that he wants to leave his rookie year behind and focus on the future.

"I feel like I've done everything, I can do everything pretty well now," Randle said. "I think I've learned from my mistakes and what I need to really work on, and just exploit those things to really get better overall." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Seeing as though Nicks seems to be made of glass Randle may get his wish.

The 2nd coming of Lynn Swann

He will get it. And he will be our replacement for Nicks in 2014.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Reuben is ready

(1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

man, i am really liking what RR is doing/saying this offseason. guy is gonna be an impact player for us this year. he's gonna benefit a lot from the attn nicks n cruz will get, and seeing as RR has legitimate game himself, it's gonna be a lot of fun to watch.

I've always liked Randle's game, but his professionalism worried me. I don't think there's much concern left. KG has raved about his professionalism this entire offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I've always liked Randle's game, but his professionalism worried me. I don't think there's much concern left. KG has raved about his professionalism this entire offseason.
    I certainly don't have any concern for him any longer. That's what kept him on the draft board until the end of the 2nd round as well... he was otherwise graded to be a first round talent IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    KG is also raving about his new game plan. Shotgun Draw! It's a new thing, never been done before...
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    He will get it. And he will be our replacement for Nicks in 2014.
    We will keep all three for at least the next 2 years and go on to dominate the NFL.

+ Reply to Thread