Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW HOPE....Sheridan Coaching from the booth

Veteran

NEW HOPE....Sheridan Coaching from the booth

I know a lot of people are concerned about Sheridan coaching from the booth but i think this solves the whole peirce problem.

I was never one to complain about peirce but i know a lot of people are concerned about him losing a step. Sheirdan being in the booth makes peirce his biggest assistant. Better than any coach on the feild. Esp since defensive players have mics in their helmets.

Dont be surprised at all if peirce has a pro bowl season.

Re: NEW HOPE....Sheridan Coaching from the booth

[quote user="riot"]

I know a lot of people are concerned about Sheridan coaching from the booth but i think this solves the whole peirce problem.

I was never one to complain about peirce but i know a lot of people are concerned about him losing a step. Sheirdan being in the booth makes peirce his biggest assistant. Better than any coach on the feild. Esp since defensive players have mics in their helmets.

[/quote]

nice aspect that a lot of us hadn't thought about. well said. I actually was against it bc I thought the dc should be communicating with the players, but it actually seems more intriguing to have a dc up in the booth able to notice any tendency whatsoever.

"The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

" I'll also remind you that Reuben Randle is a greater threat than Jason Witten."

I don't see how either situation correlates with one another... If the problem is Pierce having lost a step over the past several seasons, it wouldn't matter if Sheridan was on the field, in the booth, or tagging along with the folks in the booth, it just wouldn't change Antonio's speed or quickness.

Unless I missed something, I am unsure of what point you are trying to make.

Pierce was the product of a D line that sputtered late in the season leaving him open to O lines reaching him, when they should have been attacking our D line....With the additions on the D line this year Pierce should do quite the job.....Plus Sheridan in the box can see whatever Pierce may miss on the field furthuring better cohesiveness with the entire D in general.....

[quote user="riot"]

[/quote]I dont know about AP having a Pro Bowl season, but I understand what you're saying with Sheridan being able to see from a better angle where our D is getting exploited, but what about the rest of the players without mics in their helmets.... Theyre not gonna pass it around AP's helmet, LOL

Sheridans assistants should be up in the box with Sheridan on the field to interact with ALL of the D, individually and collectivley

I see what you're saying though, I just dont agree with it, LOL
    Draft Wishlist:
    1st Round- Shane Ray, DE, Mizzou
    2nd Round- Erick Striker, OLB, Oklahoma
    3rd Round- Cody Prewitt, FS, Miss
    4th Round- Zach Vigil, LB, Utah St

FA Wishlist: Re-Sign JPP, Hynoski, and sign Iupati

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="riot"]

[/quote]I dont know about AP having a Pro Bowl season, but I understand what you're saying with Sheridan being able to see from a better angle where our D is getting exploited, but what about the rest of the players without mics in their helmets.... Theyre not gonna pass it around AP's helmet, LOL

Sheridans assistants should be up in the box with Sheridan on the field to interact with ALL of the D, individually and collectivley

[/quote]

I'm sure the D players will be talking to Sheridan in between drives on the phone, and Pierce will just relay whatever Sherdian tells him while the D is on the field.

This is the best thing for our defense.

You can quote me on that. I'll eat my words if some of our players don't have their best years this year.

[quote user="Manning2Shock803"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="riot"]

[/quote]

I'm sure the D players will be talking to Sheridan in between drives on the phone, and Pierce will just relay whatever Sherdian tells him while the D is on the field.

[/quote]

All I know is Tim Lewis coached from the booth, Spags coached from the sidelines. Judge results for yourself.

All-Pro

I don't think that'll really help AP out that much, or at least not as much as you think. The coaches on the sidelines get those pictures after every play showing the how each side is lined up, and then how the play unfolded. Maybe, Sheridan might be able to notice something a little sooner, but I don't know how much real time impact that'll have, especially if Sheridan isn't wired into AP's helmet.

That being said, AP is due for a good season this year (so long as he got back into shape). Sure he's lost a half a step/a step, but I think he's getting a lot of hate for getting abused by Westbrook a couple of times. Almost any MLB is going to get abused by Westbrook in the open field, that's why Westbrook has been as successful as he has been in this league.

All in all, I think AP will have a good season, but I highly doubt that it'll be a Pro Bowl season.

All-Pro

[quote user="gmen46"][quote user="Manning2Shock803"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="riot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All I know is Tim Lewis coached from the booth, Spags coached from the sidelines. Judge results for yourself.

[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Jim Johnson of Philly coach from the booth? Philly always has a pretty good D, and Johnson was Spags mentor.

Lewis just had an awful defensive scheme, and didn't utilize our players in the manner that best suited their skill sets.

And Lewis was just an awful playcaller. Any one remember the Titans game a few years back?

**** Lewis!

Closed Thread