Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: NEW HOPE....Sheridan Coaching from the booth

[quote user="Chaosist"][quote user="gmen46"][quote user="Manning2Shock803"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="riot"]

I know a lot of people are concerned about Sheridan coaching from the booth but i think this solves the whole peirce problem.

I was never one to complain about peirce but i know a lot of people are concerned about him losing a step. Sheirdan being in the booth makes peirce his biggest assistant. Better than any coach on the feild. Esp since defensive players have mics in their helmets.

Dont be surprised at all if peirce has a pro bowl season.

[/quote]I dont know about AP having a Pro Bowl season, but I understand what you're saying with Sheridan being able to see from a better angle where our D is getting exploited, but what about the rest of the players without mics in their helmets.... Theyre not gonna pass it around AP's helmet, LOL

Sheridans assistants should be up in the box with Sheridan on the field to interact with ALL of the D, individually and collectivley

I see what you're saying though, I just dont agree with it, LOL
    [/quote]

I'm sure the D players will be talking to Sheridan in between drives on the phone, and Pierce will just relay whatever Sherdian tells him while the D is on the field.

[/quote]

All I know is Tim Lewis coached from the booth, Spags coached from the sidelines. Judge results for yourself.

[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Jim Johnson of Philly coach from the booth? Philly always has a pretty good D, and Johnson was Spags mentor.

Lewis just had an awful defensive scheme, and didn't utilize our players in the manner that best suited their skill sets.

And Lewis was just an awful playcaller. Any one remember the Titans game a few years back?

**** Lewis!

[/quote]

Jim Johnson always coached from the field. The only time he was in the booth is when he was having severe pain from his recurrent cancer (melanoma)

[quote user="Stadium Traffic"][quote user="Chaosist"][quote user="gmen46"][quote user="Manning2Shock803"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="riot"]

I know a lot of people are concerned about Sheridan coaching from the booth but i think this solves the whole peirce problem.

I was never one to complain about peirce but i know a lot of people are concerned about him losing a step. Sheirdan being in the booth makes peirce his biggest assistant. Better than any coach on the feild. Esp since defensive players have mics in their helmets.

[/quote]I dont know about AP having a Pro Bowl season, but I understand what you're saying with Sheridan being able to see from a better angle where our D is getting exploited, but what about the rest of the players without mics in their helmets.... Theyre not gonna pass it around AP's helmet, LOL

Sheridans assistants should be up in the box with Sheridan on the field to interact with ALL of the D, individually and collectivley

[/quote]

I'm sure the D players will be talking to Sheridan in between drives on the phone, and Pierce will just relay whatever Sherdian tells him while the D is on the field.

[/quote]

All I know is Tim Lewis coached from the booth, Spags coached from the sidelines. Judge results for yourself.

[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Jim Johnson of Philly coach from the booth? Philly always has a pretty good D, and Johnson was Spags mentor.

Lewis just had an awful defensive scheme, and didn't utilize our players in the manner that best suited their skill sets.

And Lewis was just an awful playcaller. Any one remember the Titans game a few years back?

**** Lewis!

[/quote]

Jim Johnson always coached from the field. The only time he was in the booth is when he was having severe pain from his recurrent cancer (melanoma)
    [/quote]

Correct, like in the playoff game against the Eagles last year (which the won, by the way). So he has done both. And there are pros and cons to both. However it really doesn't matter where he is, Sheridan isn't a rah rah type guy anyways. The situational playcalling is what's important. Ppl are makinga big deal out of nothing.

I don't get it. How is the coach in the booth going to get AP to lose that gut?

If Pierce has a pro-bowl season I will give everyone in this thread $1,000.
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

All-Pro

If Pierce has an impact season where he makes plays unassisted I'll give everyone 1000 bucks. Even the season he went to the Probowl he was far from impressive.

Veteran

[quote user="Providence"]If Pierce has a pro-bowl season I will give everyone in this thread $1,000.[/quote]

I am going to hold You to that!

[quote user="gmen46"][quote user="Manning2Shock803"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="riot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What a stupid comparison!!! Tim Lewis' entire scheme was a horrible POS!!

That being said, I don't know if either way is better or not, but I perfer coaches on the field getting in a players face to admonish him for a dumb play or giving him props for great one. The booth seems too impersonal.

[quote user="Providence"]If Pierce has a pro-bowl season I will give everyone in this thread $1,000.[/quote]

Hey, you never know.

All-Pro

[quote user="riot"]

[/quote]

I really don't know how long pierce can stay out there. Can he hang and play all yr long this yr?

Im joining the thread just for this.....Hell its worth hoping for, for a grand....unlikely but hopeful.