+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 208

Thread: Victor Cruz: Nicks is the number 1 WR.

  1. #11
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    No. It's what he said.


    "I do think we've been undervalued; I think it definitely signifies a change in the game," Cruz said. " I think the numbers are the numbers and they have to be scaled according to the tops in the league no matter where you line up on the field."
    Is there a different translation for English that I don't know about. If you say a player said he was underpaid. Then I aught to see, "I was underpaid." in quotes. Otherwise he didn't say it and you are inferring it.

    So, because he works in an industry with a much higher pay scale then most professions he has to be happy with whatever bone the owners / management throw him. That's crazy. I'll never sign a million dollar contract. I've bust my *** to get in a position to make an average salary for an average American, yet I have no problem with a millionaire being unhappy with his/her pay.

    If you're making $1 billion dollars and there are people that do exactly what you do, but have inferior performance and are making $2 Billion dollars then you are going to feel like complaining. Its the way humans are. More than anything we want fairness.

    I want Cruz to get on the mic and complain everyday. Its his prerogative. Seriously, it doesn't bother me in the least bit. Knowing how much owners rake in off of my efforts, I would never leave one red cent on the table to play for any team- home team or not.

  2. #12
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    Undervalued means underpaid though

  3. #13
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Undervalued means underpaid though
    Exactly.

    Plus Cruz already said a week ago that he "took less money than he deserved"

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Is there a different translation for English that I don't know about. If you say a player said he was underpaid. Then I aught to see, "I was underpaid." in quotes. Otherwise he didn't say it and you are inferring it.

    So, because he works in an industry with a much higher pay scale then most professions he has to be happy with whatever bone the owners / management throw him. That's crazy. I'll never sign a million dollar contract. I've bust my *** to get in a position to make an average salary for an average American, yet I have no problem with a millionaire being unhappy with his/her pay.

    If you're making $1 billion dollars and there are people that do exactly what you do, but have inferior performance and are making $2 Billion dollars then you are going to feel like complaining. Its the way humans are. More than anything we want fairness.

    I want Cruz to get on the mic and complain everyday. Its his prerogative. Seriously, it doesn't bother me in the least bit. Knowing how much owners rake in off of my efforts, I would never leave one red cent on the table to play for any team- home team or not.
    You either line up as the #1 or you don't
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

  5. #15
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Undervalued means underpaid though
    "We've been undervalued." is spoken in the past tense. So I assume he's talking about in the past slot receivers in general. The "We" lets you know he is not specifically talking about himself, but about the position in general.

    He never expressed the sentiment I think I am underpaid.

  6. #16
    Cruz had to say Nicks is the #1. that's Cruzs' way imo. he pays the proper respect to players in front of him so to speak besides he doesn't want to be responsible for any future controversy especially with Nicks and the Giants.

    Cruz will let it all play out on the field. he got paid like a #1 that's all that matters.

  7. #17
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    "We've been undervalued." is spoken in the past tense. So I assume he's talking about in the past slot receivers in general. The "We" lets you know he is not specifically talking about himself, but about the position in general.

    He never expressed the sentiment I think I am underpaid.
    Past tense can be a week ago... lol

    And he doesn't want to sound selfish so he said "we"?

  8. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Translation:

    Dear defenses, please continue to double team Nicks.

  9. #19
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    You either line up as the #1 or you don't
    I don't agree with that. I thought Cruz was worth less money than Nicks and most top tier #1s because he wasn't the focus of the defense when Nicks was on the field, rather he was the benefactor of the double coverage that Nicks drew.

    However, if Cruz was putting up those same stats and teams were double teaming him and leaving Nicks with one-on -one coverage at the #1 then he should get #1 money, even though he play's the slot role.

    Production is the ultimate goal, but you have to factor in how you got your numbers, and how teams were playing you, and how much of your production is a byproduct of the offense that you are in.

  10. #20
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Past tense can be a week ago... lol

    And he doesn't want to sound selfish so he said "we"?
    I think he's wrong, but I can see his argument.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts