+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz: Nicks is the number 1 WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    I can agree with that rationale - but when has that happened?
    I am waiting too.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Translation:

Dear defenses, please continue to double team Nicks.
    lmfao
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    Is that far fetched to think? The past two seasons would agree with that assessment. I have always felt Nicks is the better player, but we have to factor in injuries. And Cruz has him beat by a Country mile.
    I'd take Nicks that misses 2-3 games a year, but is ready for the playoffs over a healthy Cruz if I had to make the choice. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Did you watch the 2011 playoffs? You know the games that count the most.
    Did I watch my favorite team Super Bowl run in 2011? Yes!!!!
    Did I watch Nicks have 4 td's in 4 games? Yes. I saw a player dominate opposing cornerbacks. (See bucks game in 2012)
    You must misconstrue my comments as insult or downgrading Nicks, when I have not done neither. I have given observations on what Cruz has done the past two seasons, and you can't argue any of my points are falsify. I even stated Nicks is the better player, but apparently you missed that. Both players benefit from each other, is that false? I also recall that 2011 playoff run Cruz had a stellar post season as well. But to your knowledge that is due solely on Nicks being on the field no?
    Last edited by primetime; 07-29-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Did I watch Nicks have 4 td's in 4 games? Yes. I saw a player dominate opposing cornerbacks. (See bucks game in 2012)
    You must misconstrue my comments has insult or downgrading Nicks, when I have not done either. I have given observations on what Cruz has done the past two seasons, and you can't argue any of my points are falsify. I even stated Nicks is the better player, but apparently you missed that. Both players benefit from each other, is that false? I also recall that 2011 playoff run Cruz had a stellar post season as well. But to your knowledge that is due solely on Nicks being on the field no?
    All Cruz did was state the obvious.
    Nicks draws the best corner on the team and the double teams. Cruz generally plays in the slot.
    Nicks is most certainly the #1 WR on our team.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    All Cruz did was state the obvious.
    Nicks draws the best corner on the team and the double teams. Cruz generally plays in the slot.
    Nicks is most certainly the #1 WR on our team.
    agreed
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    All Cruz did was state the obvious.Nicks draws the best corner on the team and the double teams. Cruz generally plays in the slot.Nicks is most certainly the #1 WR on our team.
    /thread
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

I don't think Cruz is racist, a diva, greedy, or anything extreme along those lines. Has he been annoying as hell lately? Yes.

You must misconstrue my comments has insult or downgrading Nicks, when I have not done either. I have given observations on what Cruz has done the past two seasons, and you can't argue any of my points are falsify. I even stated Nicks is the better player, but apparently you missed that. Both players benefit from each other, is that false? I also recall that 2011 playoff run Cruz had a stellar post season as well. But to your knowledge that is due solely on Nicks being on the field no?
    There is a symbiotic relationship there, I'll give you that, but it's 65% to 35%, with Cruz receiving 65% of the benefit. Both are better together than they are apart, but Nicks has proven that he can destroy one on one coverage from some of the best corners in the league, regardless of who the other receivers are. He's done it before and with Cruz. I'm not as confident in Cruz's ability to do the same.

Week in and week out Nicks faces the best corner the other team has and they still have to double team him. When they are both on the field Cruz just has to beat the double team most times. Honestly, some teams chose to double Cruz in 2011 when he had his break-out season, but it didn't last long. Nicks would have field days when teams did this.

Teams can double team both Nicks and Cruz. That's what makes the #3 receiver, whether it's Randle or Murphy, or a TE or even back that much more critical. If any of them can consistently beat single coverage Eli will go to them all game and rack up huge yards

+ Reply to Thread