+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz: Nicks is the number 1 WR.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan27 View Post
    lol yea me too. it's okay to be annoyed with what tuck or anyone says. but honestly, it's annoying for like 2 seconds and then i don't care about it anymore and brush it off like it's no big deal. some people take things too personally/seriously.
    True.

Please support.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    saw the full interview on NFL Network. They left out how he said nicks teaches him things he doesn't know and he looks up to him for that.. I see no problem with what he said. If Any Giants fan saw the clip they showed they would say won thats awesome!! There was no neg take at all whatsoever
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    saw the full interview on NFL Network. They left out how he said nicks teaches him things he doesn't know and he looks up to him for that.. I see no problem with what he said. If Any Giants fan saw the clip they showed they would say won thats awesome!! There was no neg take at all whatsoever
    Unfortunately, Cruz is the current Pinata no matter what he says or doesn't say. He says Nicks is the # 1 receiver and that turns out to be a negative in terms of his contract despite the fact that he has said repeatedly he is happy with his contract. Those assertions are characterized by some as lies when he really means he's been screwed.

I hope some day to be able to look at the printed word and know what's in between the lines.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Yes I do make sense. With another big threat out there takes attention away from all receivers. When the offense has one big threat, the defense can focus on that player. They did that to Cruz when Nicks was not 100 percent last year. Cruz's production slipped with no other big threat wich Nicks wasn't at the time.

I made posts about how much Cruz should get a year based on the scheme, the other players on the field etc. Five to six mil a year is good money for a slot receiver without another big receiving threat. With another big threat in a heathy Nicks in 011. Cruz had more room to make moves and get extra yards. Without that other big threat, Cruz was unable to get those extra yards cause he had little room to move about, cause the defense could put more men in zone voverage. I believe that without another big threat, Cruz average per year would be below a thousand about 900 to 1,000 yards with a pocket qb who hardly runs for extra yards when giving the chance. A qb who is able to guy extra time can also help the receivers out is when a qb is able to buy extra time in all situations when he is in trouble or the receivers need more time to get open.
    its a team sport. All players help other players. you said Cruz was "lucky" to get 1000 yards.....BTW....all slot receivers depend on the wide outs to draw attention.
    IMO....your arguement is born out of disgust for Cruz and his contract comments and have very little to do with actual football
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Cruz is starting to piss me off. The guy should move passed it now its over. He didnt have to sign with the Giants.
    does't take much to piss you off considering he really hasnt done that much to cause issues other than people over reacting
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Cruz is starting to piss me off. The guy should move passed it now its over. He didnt have to sign with the Giants.
    Yeah.....He pretty much did.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan27 View Post
    people can talk about whatever they want. and that includes me saying that what they're talking (or whining) about is silly.
    Yeah, but telling people to "get a life"? Unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    If you saw the "NFL AM" video in which Cruz was speaking about this today, you would know he was responding directly to a question that specifically asked him in light of the recent trend of teams using the slot more, and in light of Tayon(?) Austin being picked high in 1st rd of 2013 draft, in light of Harvin receiving big contract, in light of Welker's successes, and in spite of his own new contract--did Cruz think that up until now the slot position was undervalued. Not underpaid. Not was he, Cruz, underpaid. But "has the slot position up until recently been undervalued in his opinion?"

Cruz answered that question, and he's not wrong.

It's you're right to assume. Cruz had his own contract negotiation in the back of his mind when he answered the generalized question of course, but you don't have a right to make up the facts.

He did not say that he, or any specific current slot receiver, is underpaid. Saying--in response to a generalized question-- that a position has up until recently been generally "undervalued by the league" is not identical to saying he himself is underpaid.

Gametime is right about your post in this thread.
    Eloquent and 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Unfortunately, Cruz is the current Pinata no matter what he says or doesn't say. He says Nicks is the # 1 receiver and that turns out to be a negative in terms of his contract despite the fact that he has said repeatedly he is happy with his contract. .
    Thats not true, I have never had anything bad to say about Cruz. But a guy saying a couple days after signing a huge contract that he took less than he deserved and that it is "tough" to accept I just dont think is a thing a player should be saying, much less thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Thats not true, I have never had anything bad to say about Cruz. But a guy saying a couple days after signing a huge contract that he took less than he deserved and that it is "tough" to accept I just dont think is a thing a player should be saying, much less thinking.
    That wasn't directed at you, there is a legion of fans who have voiced those thoughts.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread