+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Did you even watch the interview on nfl am?
    So I guess you hadn't noticed. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    So I guess you hadn't noticed. Thanks!
    Was he just gathering a crowd and extemporaneously speaking or was he being interviewed?

His comment about Nicks being # 1 was most certainly about Cruz, on that we can all agree.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Was he just gathering a crowd and extemporaneously speaking or was he being interviewed?

His comment about Nicks being # 1 was most certainly about Cruz, on that we can all agree.
    I wasn't specifically speaking about this interview. I''ll have to dig his quotes and provide links so that we get the context behind them.

I also feel that he is right for feeling underpaid though...
    He basically was paid pocket change compared to other top receivers while playing like a top 10. So if you factor those 2 years and add them to his total contract it lowers the average per year.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    I wasn't specifically speaking about this interview. I''ll have to dig his quotes and provide links so that we get the context behind them.

I also feel that he is right for feeling underpaid though...
    He basically was paid pocket change compared to other top receivers while playing like a top 10. So if you factor those 2 years and add them to his total contract it lowers the average per year.

How do we keep missing the interviews where he repeatedly said he's happy? Are you also in the "he's lying" camp?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    you still make zero sense...is that you Jakk????
    Yes I do make sense. With another big threat out there takes attention away from all receivers. When the offense has one big threat, the defense can focus on that player. They did that to Cruz when Nicks was not 100 percent last year. Cruz's production slipped with no other big threat wich Nicks wasn't at the time.

I made posts about how much Cruz should get a year based on the scheme, the other players on the field etc. Five to six mil a year is good money for a slot receiver without another big receiving threat. With another big threat in a heathy Nicks in 011. Cruz had more room to make moves and get extra yards. Without that other big threat, Cruz was unable to get those extra yards cause he had little room to move about, cause the defense could put more men in zone voverage. I believe that without another big threat, Cruz average per year would be below a thousand about 900 to 1,000 yards with a pocket qb who hardly runs for extra yards when giving the chance. A qb who is able to guy extra time can also help the receivers out is when a qb is able to buy extra time in all situations when he is in trouble or the receivers need more time to get open.
    Last edited by Diamondring; 07-29-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    There goes Cruz whining about being underpaid again
    there goes slipknottin whining about cruz again

seriously give it a rest

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How do we keep missing the interviews where he repeatedly said he's happy? Are you also in the "he's lying" camp?

Honestly, I am not really part of any camp. I got the feeling that originally, he inadvertently showed his true feelings and then in the "cruz changes his mind" article he says as much".
    “I don’t look at anyone else in terms of what they got and what everyone else got, it was just a general feeling, an honest feeling at the time and it got kind of depicted the wrong way. But I’m excited man, I’m here.”

He also says here, that he is excited, I have no doubt that he is happy and is excited, but there is a part of him that still feels that he should have gotten more and he had trouble expressing himself/his feelings. Another reason why he should keep his mouth zipped. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    No. It's what he said.

"I do think we've been undervalued; I think it definitely signifies a change in the game," Cruz said. " … I think the numbers are the numbers and they have to be scaled according to the tops in the league no matter where you line up on the field."
    Cruz is starting to piss me off. The guy should move passed it now its over. He didnt have to sign with the Giants.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-29-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Cruz is starting to piss me off
    Huh? For what reason? If people watch the interview and are upset by it I really can't fathom why.

"A̶d̶r̶i̶e̶n̶ ̶R̶o̶b̶i̶n̶s̶o̶n̶ Larry Donnell is the JPP of TE's". - Jerry Reese

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Huh? For what reason? If people watch the interview and are upset by it I really can't fathom why.
    seriously, some people need to get a life and stop putting so much stock into what a player says. boo freaking hoo.