+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    +1
    You gotta beat press coverage and I haven't seen that in him. Thus the reason he spends most of his time in the slot.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    But his specific comment had nothing to do with his contract. Giants10- decided to just throw that in there because idk.
    doesn't matter even if he is talking about position, it just comes off as complaining that he's not that important one way or another.

doesn't matter even if he is talking about position, it just comes off as complaining that he's not that important one way or another.
    To the unsophisticated mind......I agree.

This statement is ridiculous. They literally asked him if the slot position is undervalued, and he said yes. That doesn't necessarily mean he wants to get paid more and is ungrateful.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Either Mara or Reese (or maybe both, at different times) was quoted this off season, before the final contract, as saying that Cruz is more than just a slot receiver. That belief is reflected in Cruz' final contract. It's some in the media (and some fans on this board) that insist upon labeling him as "just a slot receiver". Cruz is not "bitter" about it. He's correct in stating that teams' perception and use of the "slot receiver" is in a transition right now. And that's all he was saying.
    He's the number 2 guy who the Giants practically gave priority over Nicks who he admitted is the #1 receiver. He got prioritized and paid like an important player in this team. We did not get him for bargain-basement. To insinuate he's underpaid is grossly misleading and do not represent the views of most of the fans. He ain't doing us any favor by signing "less" money to play here because he wasn't paid less. This is a mutually beneficial deal and he's getting a fair deal for it. He's just annoying people at this point and there is no reason for it. It's not like he's sill under the negotiating table, so what is he really accomplishing? He should get over himself, the time for yapping is over. It's over once he signed and AGREED to the terms of the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You gotta beat press coverage and I haven't seen that in him. Thus the reason he spends most of his time in the slot.
    I agree but to say the sot wr position is undervalued is just wrong. They are important on short yardage and third downs. I think Cruz has big play ability but shy's away for physical play like you have just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    This statement is ridiculous. They literally asked him if the slot position is undervalued, and he said yes. That doesn't necessarily mean he wants to get paid more and is ungrateful.
    Ok Rudyy it's not that ridiculous...you and some others are saying that he was asked the question so he answered and said yes. Cruz said himself based on his production that the slot position shouldn't be undervalued...based on his production, but then goes on to say that they are. So what is he talking about?? Sounds like he's saying they're undervalued because of money or contract. Like I said either way it sounds like he's complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    To the unsophisticated mind......I agree.
    When you say your position is undervalued isn't that considered complaining when it's not true. In his mind only way it is undervalued is in the contract cause it's definitely not on the field.

Ok Rudyy it's not that ridiculous...you and some others are saying that he was asked the question so he answered and said yes. Cruz said himself based on his production that the slot position shouldn't be undervalued...based on his production, but then goes on to say that they are. So what is he talking about?? Sounds like he's saying they're undervalued because of money or contract. Like I said either way it sounds like he's complaining.
    He wasn't just speaking about himself.

When you say your position is undervalued isn't that considered complaining when it's not true. In his mind only way it is undervalued is in the contract cause it's definitely not on the field.
    You are reading a whole lot into it that isn't there.

If Antrel Rolle states the opinion that the safety position is a lot more important than many think, does that mean he's complaining about his contract?