+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    He wasn't just speaking about himself.
    I know that, and everyone is not Victor Cruz or Wes Welker, the slot wr position is not undervalued. If you look at the top 15 wr's in the league I bet 12 are big outside wrs. So how is it undervalued. I think every coach would agree when you got a Victor Cruz or Wes Welker on your team you have to prepare for them. So the question is where does this notion of slot wrs being "undervalued" come from cause like I said it's certainly not on the field for any team. If teams don't have a good slot wr they are going to look for one to open up the outside and if they do have one they are pretty much going to do whatever to keep them.

UM -- I don't think Cruz ever thought he was the #1 Receiver.I do feel and have felt that Victor Cruz would be a much harder receiver to replace than Hakeem Nicks. Cruz has a skill set that very unique and hard to come by in this league. Not only can he play the Slot, he can just as easily move outside and still have very good success. (Which he has proven) He also has the uncanny ability to find the hole/s in the defense and make big things happen when the ball is in his hands. He rarely gets hurt and is a catch away from taking it to the house on every play. He is also Eli Mannings "GO TO GUY" on every play, Eli impeccably trusts Victor Cruz. He is a great route runner and is arguably the BEST SLOT RECIEVER IN THE NFL

Hakeem Nicks on the other hand has yet to play a full 16 games, never really catches the badly throw ball and his best route is the "9" route. He does however have great attributes, such as his hand size and his strength. He unlike Cruz uses his body and strength to make the catch. His strength to fight off defenders is probably his best asset, but every NFL Team has a proto typical Outside #1 receiver such as Hakeem Nicks.

Not every team in the NFL has a Guy like Victor Cruz, but I will damn sure tell you this, They wish they had someone like VIctor Cruz.

Peace
    Dan
    Last edited by danme; 07-29-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I know that, and everyone is not Victor Cruz or Wes Welker, the slot wr position is not undervalued. If you look at the top 15 wr's in the league I bet 12 are big outside wrs. So how is it undervalued. I think every coach would agree when you got a Victor Cruz or Wes Welker on your team you have to prepare for them. So the question is where does this notion of slot wrs being "undervalued" come from cause like I said it's certainly not on the field for any team. If teams don't have a good slot wr they are going to look for one to open up the outside and if they do have one they are pretty much going to do whatever to keep them.
    OK...So you disagree.
    It doesn't mean he's complaining about his contract. That's a huge reach.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You are reading a whole lot into it that isn't there.

If Antrel Rolle states the opinion that the safety position is a lot more important than many think, does that mean he's complaining about his contract?
    You can't make that exception when Cruz was complaining about his contract a week ago. I can see where someone thinks he's coming off as complaining again. I'm not one of them, I think he's just saying in his own way, he is more then just a slot receiver.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 07-29-2013 at 04:48 PM.

OK...So you disagree.
    It doesn't mean he's complaining about his contract. That's a huge reach.
    Look I'm just saying you can make the argument of him complaining it's not a reach...

So what does this all have to do with his contract?

You are reading a whole lot into it that isn't there.

If Antrel Rolle states the opinion that the safety position is a lot more important than many think, does that mean he's complaining about his contract?
    If he says it three days after saying that he is underpaid, yes.

Look I'm just saying you can make the argument of him complaining it's not a reach...
    Its the start of camp. I think its better to give him the benefit of the doubt.....Don't you?

Why are we looking for trouble?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    So what does this all have to do with his contract?
    Your kidding me right....come on I just gave you ten reasons why it couldn't be his position if he was complaining. Cause on the field it's not true. The only time I hear about slot wrs being undervalued is when it comes to contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    If he says it three days after saying that he is underpaid, yes.
    Bigtime.