+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Teams can double team both Nicks and Cruz. That's what makes the #3 receiver, whether it's Randle or Murphy, or a TE or even back that much more critical. If any of them can consistently beat single coverage Eli will go to them all game and rack up huge yards
    One of the reasons I think Randle will have a huge season.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    One of the reasons I think Randle will have a huge season.
    It's very possible. Murphy may give them something that they have never had. A guy who can readily take the top off the defense. And Myers is a very capable receiving TE. And I personally think David Wilson has a ton of upside as a receiving back.

But it's still very much dependent on Nicks and Cruz to force teams to double them

It's very possible. Murphy may give them something that they have never had. A guy who can readily take the top off the defense. And Myers is a very capable receiving TE. And I personally think David Wilson has a ton of upside as a receiving back.

But it's still very much dependent on Nicks and Cruz to force teams to double them
    My confidence in Murphy is very low given his 4 year record as a pro. He had a huge chance last year in Carolina and fell on his face.

My confidence in Murphy is very low given his 4 year record as a pro. He had a huge chance last year in Carolina and fell on his face.
    I don't expect much from Murphy production wise. But I do think if he has the vertical ability that he should, he will open things up for other players. And if a defense does ignore him, he can haul in some big plays.

I think part of the issue in his career is teams just keep a safety deep on him. Teams may not be able to do that as often with him on the giants as the #3 or #4

I don't expect much from Murphy production wise. But I do think if he has the vertical ability that he should, he will open things up for other players. And if a defense does ignore him, he can haul in some big plays.

I think part of the issue in his career is teams just keep a safety deep on him. Teams may not be able to do that as often with him on the giants as the #3 or #4
    He's #4 at best.
    With Meyers on the field I just don't see a lot of formations where Murphy is on the field.
    Empty backfield I guess and we suck in empty backfield.

He's #4 at best.
    With Meyers on the field I just don't see a lot of formations where Murphy is on the field.
    Empty backfield I guess and we suck in empty backfield.
    I just meant he would align out wide with nicks and Cruz on the field.

I think he will see snaps in certain packages. It's possible occasionally he would be the #2 along with Nicks

Teams can double team both Nicks and Cruz. That's what makes the #3 receiver, whether it's Randle or Murphy, or a TE or even back that much more critical. If any of them can consistently beat single coverage Eli will go to them all game and rack up huge yards
    I think NE did this in the second half of the SB. It's why I said we were magical with MM. Randle needs to prove he can do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    Cruz had to say Nicks is the #1. that's Cruzs' way imo. he pays the proper respect to players in front of him so to speak besides he doesn't want to be responsible for any future controversy especially with Nicks and the Giants.

Cruz will let it all play out on the field. he got paid like a #1 that's all that matters.
    Or maybe he said it bc that's the way he honestly feel.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I think NE did this in the second half of the SB. It's why I said we were magical with MM. Randle needs to prove he can do the same.
    Most teams the giants play do that. A big part of the reason the giants struggled against the 49ers in the playoffs was because MM couldn't beat his single coverage.

Randle is more talented than Manningham was. But he is still learning the offense. But sounds like he has really taken a step forward so far this season.

Most teams the giants play do that.

Randle is more talented than Manningham was. But he is still learning the offense. But sounds like he has really taken a step forward so far this season.
    Well I don't think he's more talented than MM at all.
    When MM was forced into the #1 role, he had HUGE games.
    Randle is a solid talent and as I said, he should have a huge season. Manningham was a real playmaker. Don't know that Randle can do some of the things that MM could.