+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 208

Thread: Victor Cruz: Nicks is the number 1 WR.

  1. #71
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I agree with you. Undervalued doesn't mean underpaid, and he made no reference to his contract whatsoever.
    He's talking about contracts in his quote. Saying that guys should be paid for what they do on the field not the position they line up

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    the "right" amount of yards he was going to get???

    what????
    Yeah it doesn't make sense. He got lucky to get 1,000 yards.

  3. #73
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Sounds like he's a little bitter about how he is just being labeled a slot wr, which leads me to believe he is still upset about his contract. I like Cruz but he could've left out the undervalued part, cause it's just not true. Teams do value the slot position but just not as much as a big physical wr on the outside.

  4. #74
    What Cruz is really saying is that he wanted to be the next Alex Rodriguez of football and break salary record.

    My advice to Cruz: PUT UP OR SHUT UP! Since he already put up with the contract, it's time to shut up.

  5. #75
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    You're right. Him saying that slot receivers (which is what is he is) are underpaid is in no way Cruz saying he is underpaid
    If you saw the "NFL AM" video in which Cruz was speaking about this today, you would know he was responding directly to a question that specifically asked him in light of the recent trend of teams using the slot more, and in light of Tayon(?) Austin being picked high in 1st rd of 2013 draft, in light of Harvin receiving big contract, in light of Welker's successes, and in spite of his own new contract--did Cruz think that up until now the slot position was undervalued. Not underpaid. Not was he, Cruz, underpaid. But "has the slot position up until recently been undervalued in his opinion?"

    Cruz answered that question, and he's not wrong.

    It's you're right to assume. Cruz had his own contract negotiation in the back of his mind when he answered the generalized question of course, but you don't have a right to make up the facts.

    He did not say that he, or any specific current slot receiver, is underpaid. Saying--in response to a generalized question-- that a position has up until recently been generally "undervalued by the league" is not identical to saying he himself is underpaid.

    Gametime is right about your post in this thread.

  6. #76
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    What Cruz is really saying is that he wanted to be the next Alex Rodriguez of football and break salary record.

    My advice to Cruz: PUT UP OR SHUT UP! Since he already put up with the contract, it's time to shut up.
    He's been putting up the past 2 years. WTF are you talking about?

  7. #77
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,293
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post

    He did not say that he, or any specific current slot receiver, is underpaid. Saying--in response to a generalized question-- that a position has up until recently been generally "undervalued by the league" is not identical to saying he himself is underpaid.

    Gametime is right about your post in this thread.
    Cruz said a few days ago that he got a contract that pays him less than he is worth.

    So yes, he has

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    He's been putting up the past 2 years. WTF are you talking about?
    1-1/4 - kind of fell off after that... in terms of what people are enamored with anyway.

  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    He's been putting up the past 2 years. WTF are you talking about?
    He put up with that contract also and signed it, so what is his problem? He's got all the options in the world, and he chose to sign it. Time to shut up!

  10. #80
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,362
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He's talking about contracts in his quote. Saying that guys should be paid for what they do on the field not the position they line up
    If you watched NFL AM, they asked about the position, not contracts, and he said the exact same quote as the article. Giants101 isn't that great.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts