+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Flahety: David Diehl is my starting right tackle

Pat Flahety: David Diehl is my starting right tackle

by default for now. Hopefully Pugh can have a better showing then DD....OR.......DD steps up his performance and has a good season.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Banned
    They have a lot of confidence in David Diehl huh? Does ANYONE on this board? He took a pay cut from 4 mil. to 1 mil. because he has a lot of confidence in himself as well. He knew no one else would give him a dime and so did the Giants. Yeah, they're full of confidence in a scrub no one else in the league wants.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Uhmm..... I'm going to take that as a way to keep the rookie on edge during camp.

ok. appreciate it flaherty. my RT is Pugh. Wonder whose TC's RT is? guess thats the ultimate one of importance

Quote Originally Posted by imstilripped View Post
    They have a lot of confidence in David Diehl huh? Does ANYONE on this board? He took a pay cut from 4 mil. to 1 mil. because he has a lot of confidence in himself as well. He knew no one else would give him a dime and so did the Giants. Yeah, they're full of confidence in a scrub no one else in the league wants.

I thought Diehl played ok at RT last season.

Quote Originally Posted by imstilripped View Post
    Harsh. Maybe not starter quality anymore but Diehl can play all positions across the line and is at worst a solid backup. NFL contracts are pretty meaningless. He's not the first player to take a huge paycut towards the end of a deal.

i never wish injuries upon nobody , but in some cases they do help a team as it gives opportunity to the next man to step up and sometimes thats what it takes for TC to start a rookie.. i hope it doesnt happen as i would love to see actual real competition and let the the best man win , but i think thats the only way we will see pugh start this season , is if we have a injury

What is he supposed to say? you have a guy that when healthy is a good RT up against an unproven rookie. I still stand my prediction however that Pugh will be RT and Diehl will be 6th lineman because of his versatility. It may not happen game 1 but sometime this season if both stay healthy I believe the switch will take place.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I thought we played ok at RT last season until Diehl came in.
    Fixed it for you.

+ Reply to Thread