+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Flahety: David Diehl is my starting right tackle

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    Well...it's not me saying he's the man, right? That was Flaherty that said that.I'm not saying you are wrong; I said I don't have all the info to understand his place on the team.Is he in decline? Effected by injury? Is he back in form? Will he get outplayed by Pugh?I have no clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    yeah. and apparently, it means DD is the starter and the competitions over...i dunno why but rudy found that funny?
    You wouldn't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Webby went from high starter money to medium starter money. DD went from starter money to back up money.

You may be right about the statement made 3 days into camp. But if DD is the starter week 1 and Pugh is a healthy back up, I say that is a huge disappointment to the FO.
    Or corners are far more valuable than RTs? You can compare the highest paid RT to the highest paid CB if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Cant restructure in the last year of a deal. Same with Webster, both were pretty much straight cuts because they needed the cap space.

Still I dont think it means anything to be saying "this guy is the starter" when its three days into training camp.

But that is also largely the giants way, they almost never start any draft picks as opening week starters.
    and, i'd like to add, how selfless has DD been as a Giant? guy has bent over backwards putting the team first. i highly doubt that DD thought that his salary reduction meant he wasnt starting. in fact, by DDs own words, he still expected to be the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    u got a link slip? bc i know one of those sites had us at 11. i just looked it up the other day. i could be looking at a diff yr than u r tho maybe?
    PFF gave the giants 11th overall. #4 run blocking and #20 pass blocking, and #12th in penalties.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-lines/3/

FO does not give an "overall" rating, just a separate run blocking and pass blocking ratings.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Or corners are far more valuable than RTs? You can compare the highest paid RT to the highest paid CB if you wish.
    Let me be more specific. $4MM is pretty normal for a starting corner. $1MM is pretty normal for a back up RT.

I'm not comparing corner pay to RT pay.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

i see competition as a good thing. i want Pugh to start week 1 only if he wins the competition. if DD wins it, im not gonna be mad at Pugh. Im gonna be stoked for DD bc the coaches believe he cn be effective still. im all for givin him that chance, guys been on the OL for 2 SBs. Besides, Pughs day is coming, there is no disputing that anyways. i dont know thats just me i dont wanna be too short sighted.

PFF gave the giants 11th overall. #4 run blocking and #20 pass blocking, and #12th in penalties.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-lines/3/

FO does not give an "overall" rating, just a separate run blocking and pass blocking ratings.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
    oh ok. thanks for clarifying.

So now I'm out.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Let me be more specific. $4MM is pretty normal for a starting corner. $1MM is pretty normal for a back up RT.

I'm not comparing corner pay to RT pay.
    Diehls cap hit this season is 3.12 mil. So probably a bit above average in terms of starting RT.

+ Reply to Thread