+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 397

Thread: Pat Flahety: David Diehl is my starting right tackle

  1. #91
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    27,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    DD's status as a starter is one of those things that is just way too complicated for me to even start to understand.

    As a fan, I am ready to see a fresh face out there, but I just see so many unknowns that it's one of those things that if the organization says he's the best man for the job, I just have to roll with it.
    I think it is more of they arent just going to hand the starting job to a rookie from day one. Not the Giants way......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  2. #92
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,734
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I think it is more of they arent just going to hand the starting job to a rookie from day one. Not the Giants way......
    It is not just the "Giants way". It is the smart way.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  3. #93
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Every team needs to reshuffle the deck to clear cap space, and an older vet like Diehl is a good example of that.

    He had a high cap space hit, and was coming off a subpar season that included an MCL injury. So, I can understand why he would need to restructure.

    He's also a 2 time SB champion, and was good enough to start at left tackle for both games.
    Yes but you can't deny that they were prepared to release him unless he took a huge pay cut.
    So its not our opinion of DD that really matters. Its the opinion of the coaches and FO. Given what happened in the off season, its not unreasonable to suggest that they believed he was a back-up quality player anymore.
    Get well soon 80.

  4. #94
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    This is pure fantasy. The LT without a doubt was better with Beatty at LT
    I don't know...sacks went down and rushing yards went up.
    Plus we went on a tear and won the SB.
    Get well soon 80.

  5. #95
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yes but you can't deny that they were prepared to release him unless he took a huge pay cut.
    So its not our opinion of DD that really matters. Its the opinion of the coaches and FO. Given what happened in the off season, its not unreasonable to suggest that they believed he was a back-up quality player anymore.
    I do think that's a reasonable conclusion, but it's not the only reasonable conclusion.

    I'm mean, DD's pay cut can just as easily been seen as a the reality of his worth on the open market. Because of his age alone, he's looking at a few options and even fewer big paydays.

    It's a business.
    www.negativityscene.com

    Follow me on twitter @negativityscene

  6. #96
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    I do think that's a reasonable conclusion, but it's not the only reasonable conclusion.

    I'm mean, DD's pay cut can just as easily been seen as a the reality of his worth on the open market. Because of his age alone, he's looking at a few options and even fewer big paydays.

    It's a business.
    Starting RT's who have been in the league on the same team for 10 years don't make near the vet minimum. You can convince yourself that something else is true if you like however.
    Get well soon 80.

  7. #97
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    17,010
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    would be a 5x SB MVP and undisputed GOAT with a legit coaching staff.
    It's really tragic for so many.

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't know...sacks went down and rushing yards went up.Plus we went on a tear and won the SB.
    and DD had nothing to do with it.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/


    So you’ve seen the good, but what about the bad? The man who finished bottom of the entire NFL only saw 246 snaps at tackle after being forced to move there, yet, despite his flaws, walked out with a Super Bowl ring. David Diehl gave up four sacks, six hits and 20 hurries while spending 246 snaps in pass protection at left tackle, in stark contrast to the man he replaced, Will Beatty, who finished ‘up’ in 50th with a PBE rating of 93.6. Diehl was bad enough to leave Sam Baker, the benched Atlanta Falcons left tackle, with the second lowest rating after the former first round pick gave up four sacks, seven hits and 17 hurries on just 242 snaps in pass protection.
    Last edited by EliDaMANning; 07-29-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

  9. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    It's really tragic for so many.
    as a gmen fan, I feel cheated.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

  10. #100
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Starting RT's who have been in the league on the same team for 10 years don't make near the vet minimum. You can convince yourself that something else is true if you like however.
    Well...it's not me saying he's the man, right? That was Flaherty that said that.

    I'm not saying you are wrong; I said I don't have all the info to understand his place on the team.

    Is he in decline? Effected by injury? Is he back in form? Will he get outplayed by Pugh?

    I have no clue.
    www.negativityscene.com

    Follow me on twitter @negativityscene

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts