+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    You could be right.

Try this

1) the draft Pugh
    2) DD comes back into form after injury.
    Has he been injured since 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Diehl injured his MCL in September....that's how Locklear got the start......Diehl took over when Locklear blew out his own knee. In a perfect world, Diehl should have been rehabbing his knee. I'm not going to blame him that guys like Brewer weren't ready to step up. Instead, an injured Diehl starts and people are on his *** about it, when they should be harshing on Reese for failing to stock the line a couple years ago when it was emerging as an issue.
    Diehl was put back in before Locklear got hurt.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm not saying I know this and I'm making no claims here Rosie.
    I'm just laying out the time line and the facts and am suggesting they point to disappointment in Pugh thus far.

I'm going to be very hard on Pugh because we passed on some great talent to pick him. So he better have his *** on the field every down and soon if they "loved" him so much.
    He better be friggin NFL ready and fast.
    No doubt the Giants did not pick the BPA when they selected Pugh, but the Giants seem to march to the beat of their own drum on draft day, and despite our inconsistencies they have 2 Lombardi's to their credit (one only 2 seasons ago) so it's hard (for me) to beat them up at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Has he been injured since 2010?
    Funny.. .I was gonna say to Morehead that if he was right, I have concerns and If I was right, I have concerns.
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    No doubt the Giants did not pick the BPA when they selected Pugh, but the Giants seem to march to the beat of their own drum on draft day, and despite our inconsistencies they have 2 Lombardi's to their credit (one only 2 seasons ago) so it's hard (for me) to beat them up at this point.
    This is the first time in the JR era that our 1st round pick was a poor value. The "beat of our drum" has always been to take advantage of the foolishness of other GM's and scoop up superior talent passed on by teams reaching for need. Now we are guilty of that same sin. Its US that reached for need and other teams drafting after us took advantage of our foolishness.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i just wanted to throw this out there, just bc DD started the training camp with the first team doesnt suddenly make it a closed competition. its still an open competition. DD is a veteran, itd make sense that for training camp, when the coaches want drills and everything going smoothly, they'd want the guy who has experience starting out with the 1s, kinda set an example for pugh...

to think that bc dd took some snaps with the 1s to open camp, that some say that its disheartening and that it means dd has won the starting job...well...lol...
    really i dunno i thought it meant dd was given the starting job for the remainder of his career but that's just me lol

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    and DD had nothing to do with it.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/

So you’ve seen the good, but what about the bad? The man who finished bottom of the entire NFL only saw 246 snaps at tackle after being forced to move there, yet, despite his flaws, walked out with a Super Bowl ring. David Diehl gave up four sacks, six hits and 20 hurries while spending 246 snaps in pass protection at left tackle, in stark contrast to the man he replaced, Will Beatty, who finished ‘up’ in 50th with a PBE rating of 93.6. Diehl was bad enough to leave Sam Baker, the benched Atlanta Falcons left tackle, with the second lowest rating after the former first round pick gave up four sacks, seven hits and 17 hurries on just 242 snaps in pass protection.
    Good post! We should have a thumbs up smiley.

really i dunno i thought it meant dd was given the starting job for the remainder of his career but that's just me lol
    L O L

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    Good post! We should have a thumbs up smiley.
    Stop agreeing with yourself. Its spooky.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm not saying I know this and I'm making no claims here Rosie.
    I'm just laying out the time line and the facts and am suggesting they point to disappointment in Pugh thus far.

I'm going to be very hard on Pugh because we passed on some great talent to pick him. So he better have his *** on the field every down and soon if they "loved" him so much.
    He better be friggin NFL ready and fast.
    agree with both of you. Morehead, I too was one of the fans not real happy with Pugh as the teams 1st rd selection. I sure hope he pans out, and I can eat my crow regarding Reese's choice.

And Rosie, you would be correct sir, the Giants do march to the beat of their own drum when it comes to the draft process. Granted we are not like the draft days of Al Davis and the Raiders of years past. And the Giants did win 2 Lombardi's in 5 seasons, so I guess we should be grateful to have that in our corner.