+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    That is realistic only if your team sucks.
    Or if your RT isn't too good.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Well first off, we were talking about run blocking.

Second off, they both evaluate things differently, one stats based, the other film based

Both concluded the giants had an OL that was top 5 in the league in run blocking.
    OK..so you are saying to trust them on run blocking evaluation but ignore them on pass blocking.

Got it...they are only the two best sources for run blocking. Who would you suggest for pass blocking evaluation I wonder?
    Get well soon 80.

Um. DD was the starter at RT last season. And he is still on the roster.

And just like all the other giants first round picks, there is always competition at their spot when they get here. They have to prove they are good players before they are handed the job.
    And before the draft they told him to take an 80% pay cut, down to near the vet minimum or be released.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    OK..so you are saying to trust them on run blocking evaluation but ignore them on pass blocking.

Got it...they are only the two best sources for run blocking. Who would you suggest for pass blocking evaluation I wonder?
    Im not saying to ignore them at all.

They evaluate different things. FO is purely based on the NFL gamebooks which track things like down and distance, where the run went, and that sort of thing.

PFF is based purely on film watch, and they can track things like hurries, which the NFL gamebook does not record.

In terms of pass blocking, because PFF tracks more data relevant to it, then PFF would be more accurate.

But none of that is even relevant to run blocking. Which you can use the two to compare and find an average if you want. Not overly surprising, but the stats based and film based ratings are often very similar.

And before the draft they told him to take an 80% pay cut, down to near the vet minimum or be released.
    Because when guys take pay cuts they are no longer allowed to be the starter? Im not sure what you are attempting to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    I can't take credit for flub, I was replying to Rosie who used it. I trust no one on these boards.
    I have no idea where that word came from.

Because when guys take pay cuts they are no longer allowed to be the starter? Im not sure what you are attempting to say here.
    When a guy goes from $4MM to $1MM, its clear that they no longer see him as a starter. That's barely over the vet minimum.
    When Webby goes from $7MM to $4MM, he's still a starter.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I have no idea where that word came from.
    But its awesome anyway!
    Get well soon 80.

When a guy goes from $4MM to $1MM, its clear that they no longer see him as a starter. That's barely over the vet minimum.
    When Webby goes from $7MM to $4MM, he's still a starter.
    So guys getting the vet minimum can never be starters?

Im not saying to ignore them at all.

They evaluate different things. FO is purely based on the NFL gamebooks which track things like down and distance, where the run went, and that sort of thing.

PFF is based purely on film watch, and they can track things like hurries, which the NFL gamebook does not record.

In terms of pass blocking, because PFF tracks more data relevant to it, then PFF would be more accurate.

But none of that is even relevant to run blocking. Which you can use the two to compare and find an average if you want. Not overly surprising, but the stats based and film based ratings are often very similar.
    I'm saying that when they have such a discrepancy on pass blocking, how can we trust them in evaluating run blocking.
    Get well soon 80.