+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 397

Thread: Pat Flahety: David Diehl is my starting right tackle

  1. #161
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm saying that when they have such a discrepancy on pass blocking, how can we trust them in evaluating run blocking.
    Because Im telling you exactly why there is a discrepancy on the pass blocking data. One accounts for hits/hurries, and the other does not.

    Stop with the red herrings.

  2. #162
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,992
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    So guys getting the vet minimum can never be starters?
    You have to use judgement on this. If a guy needs to help with cap space and he's a starter they usually restructure. But when a 10 year vet who's performance has fallen over the past several years is asked to take an 80% pay cut to an amount near the vet minimum, logic suggests they see him as a back up.
    And most of us agree that DD is back-up quality at this point in his career. Now he's being talked about as the starter. This raises no eyebrows with you?
    It does me.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #163
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You have to use judgement on this. If a guy needs to help with cap space and he's a starter they usually restructure.
    Cant restructure in the last year of a deal. Same with Webster, both were pretty much straight cuts because they needed the cap space.

    Still I dont think it means anything to be saying "this guy is the starter" when its three days into training camp.

    But that is also largely the giants way, they almost never start any draft picks as opening week starters.

  4. #164
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,992
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Because Im telling you exactly why there is a discrepancy on the pass blocking data. One accounts for hits/hurries, and the other does not.

    Stop with the red herrings.
    Yes but regardless of the way they determine it, the object is to rate the O line's performance. One has them as the 3rd best pass blocking team in the league and the other has then at 20.
    THEY decide what the criteria is based on their belief in its validity in determining the quality of the line.
    YOU claim that these are the go to services for this, and yet they differ tremendously.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    He's been in camp for 4 days and he's already being talked about as a flub of a pick?
    yeah. and apparently, it means DD is the starter and the competitions over...i dunno why but rudy found that funny?

  6. #166
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,992
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Cant restructure in the last year of a deal. Same with Webster, both were pretty much straight cuts because they needed the cap space.

    Still I dont think it means anything to be saying "this guy is the starter" when its three days into training camp.

    But that is also largely the giants way, they almost never start any draft picks as opening week starters.
    Webby went from high starter money to medium starter money. DD went from starter money to back up money.

    You may be right about the statement made 3 days into camp. But if DD is the starter week 1 and Pugh is a healthy back up, I say that is a huge disappointment to the FO.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You have to use judgement on this. If a guy needs to help with cap space and he's a starter they usually restructure. But when a 10 year vet who's performance has fallen over the past several years is asked to take an 80% pay cut to an amount near the vet minimum, logic suggests they see him as a back up.And most of us agree that DD is back-up quality at this point in his career. Now he's being talked about as the starter. This raises no eyebrows with you?It does me.
    It's only the 4th day of camp.
    Engage brain before speaking.

  8. #168
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yes but regardless of the way they determine it, the object is to rate the O line's performance. One has them as the 3rd best pass blocking team in the league and the other has then at 20.
    THEY decide what the criteria is based on their belief in its validity in determining the quality of the line.
    YOU claim that these are the go to services for this, and yet they differ tremendously.
    Well you find me another place that evaluates OL that is trustworthy and accurate. Until then, my sources will have to do.

    As I said, both give the giants a top 5 run blocking grade.

    What they give the OL in penalties or pass blocking or anything else, is irrelevant

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    There are two places that evaluate OL performances throughout the league. Footballoutsiders, and profootballfocus.

    Footballoutsiders ranks the giants run blocking #2 in the league. (#3 pass blocking)

    Profootballfocus ranked them #4 run blocking, and #20 pass blocking.


    Now what is your argument for believing the giants were terrible run blocking?
    u got a link slip? bc i know one of those sites had us at 11. i just looked it up the other day. i could be looking at a diff yr than u r tho maybe?

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Why is it any different?

    And we arent at opening day yet, either. We are three days into training camp. They havent even put pads on yet.
    DD already won the competition man...its not even a competition at this point...lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts