+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Flahety: David Diehl is my starting right tackle

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    and DD had nothing to do with it.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/

So you’ve seen the good, but what about the bad? The man who finished bottom of the entire NFL only saw 246 snaps at tackle after being forced to move there, yet, despite his flaws, walked out with a Super Bowl ring. David Diehl gave up four sacks, six hits and 20 hurries while spending 246 snaps in pass protection at left tackle, in stark contrast to the man he replaced, Will Beatty, who finished ‘up’ in 50th with a PBE rating of 93.6. Diehl was bad enough to leave Sam Baker, the benched Atlanta Falcons left tackle, with the second lowest rating after the former first round pick gave up four sacks, seven hits and 17 hurries on just 242 snaps in pass protection.
    Both Kareem Mackenzie and David Diehl in the bottom 20 and we still won the Super Bowl. Eli is a god

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i see competition as a good thing. i want Pugh to start week 1 only if he wins the competition. if DD wins it, im not gonna be mad at Pugh. Im gonna be stoked for DD bc the coaches believe he cn be effective still. im all for givin him that chance, guys been on the OL for 2 SBs. Besides, Pughs day is coming, there is no disputing that anyways. i dont know thats just me i dont wanna be too short sighted.
    I personally think Pugh should be thrown in the fire, because a shakey Pugh can't be any worst than David Diehl.. plus he'll take his lumps and get learning experience. That's my only problem with DD still being on the team, taking away reps from the younger guys when it's clear he probably won't be here past next year.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    I personally think Pugh should be thrown in the fire, because a shakey Pugh can't be any worst than David Diehl.. plus he'll take his lumps and get learning experience. That's my only problem with DD still being on the team, taking away reps from the younger guys when it's clear he probably won't be here past next year.
    i see where you're coming from and can agree to an extent. but, eli is way too valuable to do that imho...just throw a "shaky" pugh out there if he wasnt ready. DD at the least has experience.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Diehl really was a decent player the second half of last season though. Its tough to remove a player who is capable of starting and doing ok, and a guy who can play 4 out of 5 spots on the OL.

I wouldnt be shocked if Diehl got a contract extension after this season either.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i see competition as a good thing. i want Pugh to start week 1 only if he wins the competition. if DD wins it, im not gonna be mad at Pugh. Im gonna be stoked for DD bc the coaches believe he cn be effective still. im all for givin him that chance, guys been on the OL for 2 SBs. Besides, Pughs day is coming, there is no disputing that anyways. i dont know thats just me i dont wanna be too short sighted.
    i se comp as god thg too and want to see pu as r strtr ad n wy thk ur bg shrt sghtd lol

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    i se comp as god thg too and want to see pu as r strtr ad n wy thk ur bg shrt sghtd lol
    how did i understand this????

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    how did i understand this????
    You've smoked way too much weed like me. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    LOOL STOP

Let's go.

why must you misquote ?

he never says the word "starting".....first of all.....eventhough that word means nothing at this point

but listen to it in context .....it means nothing

he says " the right tackle is David Diehl"

meaning right now ...like as in today

no positions are set in stone

context below

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...b-bf35193210fc
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 07-29-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    LOOL STOP
    You know me, I can be relentless.

+ Reply to Thread