+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 397
  1. #201
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,061
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    now you are reaching...it is exactly as YA said. DD is the starter by default. What team, especially the Giants, would name a rookie the starter??calm down
    Patriots niners ravens

  2. #202
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Patriots niners ravens
    ok 3 out of 32...
    and are those starters OL??...
    I dont know that info
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  3. #203
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    now you are reaching...
    it is exactly as YA said. DD is the starter by default. What team, especially the Giants, would name a rookie the starter??

    calm down
    The only other option is not to name the rookie as starter.
    I'm saying he should have declared the RT position an open competition, which one would expect after the kid was picked at 19.
    Instead he said that DD "was the RT" (OK Y.A.?). This surprises me given the huge pay cut and the fact that they supposedly "loved" Pugh.

    The entire thing suggests that they aren't as impressed with Pugh thus far as they had hoped. If Pugh came in and looked good it would have been declared an open competition it seems to me.

    And BTW....all the other O linemen drafted ahead of Pugh are listed as the starters on their teams depth charts. So the list is actually very long.
    Of course those teams didn't reach into the second round to draft their guys.

    So instead of posters lobbing personal insults about misplaced brains, lets have a football discussion.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 07-30-2013 at 09:54 AM.
    Get well soon 80.

  4. #204
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I The only other option is not to name the rookie as starter.
    I'm saying he should have declared the RT position an open competition, which one would expect after the kid was picked at 19.
    Instead he said that DD "was the RT" (OK Y.A.?). This surprises me given the huge pay cut and the fact that they supposedly "loved" Pugh.

    The entire thing suggests that they aren't as impressed with Pugh thus far as they had hoped. If Pugh came in and looked good it would have been declared an open competition it seems to me.

    So instead of posters lobbing personal insults about misplaced brains, lets have a football discussion.
    there is nothing to discuss yet really MH. Pat Flahtey said DD is the starter as of now. So what. Means nothing.
    If you liked the Pugh pick you wouldnt be saying anything regarding this. But since you dont like the pick you are reading way too much into it...IMO
    If it comes down to the second or third preseason game and Pugh is showing not to be the starter then maybe you'll have a point at that time.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  5. #205
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    there is nothing to discuss yet really MH. Pat Flahtey said DD is the starter as of now. So what. Means nothing.
    If you liked the Pugh pick you wouldnt be saying anything regarding this. But since you dont like the pick you are reading way too much into it...IMO
    If it comes down to the second or third preseason game and Pugh is showing not to be the starter then maybe you'll have a point at that time.
    I admit that I hate the pick because it was poor value based on their draft position. I have nothing against the kid. I do have a problem with passing on the kind of talent we passed on.
    But he was picked to start day 1 at RT, and now they are having second thoughts.
    And I looked it up, actually EVERY O linemen picked in round 1 (i believe its 8) are listed as starters.....except our guy. And our guy has a declining vet in front of him.
    I'm seeing a huge red flag here with this. You guys can whistle past the graveyard if you want, but my eyes are wide open.

    And BTW, I hope I'm wrong because as much as I love DD, he has never been a good RT, and now he's near the end of his career. If this kid can't beat out DD at RT, we have a big problem.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 07-30-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    Get well soon 80.

  6. #206
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I admit that I hate the pick because it was poor value based on their draft position. I have nothing against the kid. I do have a problem with passing on the kind of talent we passed on.
    But he was picked to start day 1 at RT, and now they are having second thoughts.
    And I looked it up, actually EVERY O linemen picked in round 1 (i believe its 8) are listed as starters.....except our guy. And our guy has a declining vet in front of him.
    I'm seeing a huge red flag here with this. You guys can whistle past the graveyard if you want, but my eyes are wide open.

    And BTW, I hope I'm wrong because as much as I love DD, he has never been a good RT, and now he's near the end of his career. If this kid can't beat out DD at RT, we have a big problem.
    what you say is all good and you have valid points but you are getting too worked up at this point in camp. The other OLs were named starters....BFD. They may not be come week one.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  7. #207
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    20,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    1. The implication is the same.
    2. "Starting" means a lot on the O line. Its not like D line where you can rotate guys in and out. Or play in specialty packages. Its a 5 man unit that must play together, When you "start" on the O line, you essentially play every offensive down.
    so the 3rd practice of camp 1st team determines more than just the third day of camp 1st team?

    since when ?

  8. #208
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    what you say is all good and you have valid points but you are getting too worked up at this point in camp. The other OLs were named starters....BFD. They may not be come week one.
    I'm not worked up. I'm commenting on this issue based on the facts as we know them.
    My point is that this comment by our O line coach raises a red flag about the first round draft pick that we supposedly "loved". When a broken down vet coming off a huge pay cut under threat of release is ahead of him.
    Get well soon 80.

  9. #209
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    so the 3rd practice of camp 1st team determines more than just the third day of camp 1st team?

    since when ?
    I'm not saying that Y.A. This is just a strange comment from a coach after we drafted this kid so high. And dropped DD's pay to near the vet minimum.
    Get well soon 80.

  10. #210
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm not worked up. I'm commenting on this issue based on the facts as we know them.
    My point is that this comment by our O line coach raises a red flag about the first round draft pick that we supposedly "loved". When a broken down vet coming off a huge pay cut under threat of release is ahead of him.
    ok....yuo are worked up because this topic is on your radar and you have been all over it since the draft. I guess I have too.
    DD.....which whom they say is now healthy is not broken down. Why is that not taken as gospel if coach is saying it??
    DD loves the Giants and football. he knew this was his only chance to still play so whats wrong with that??
    Too soon to get crazy that Pugh will not start. IMO......but you do as you must to maintain your sanity....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts