+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    ok....yuo are worked up because this topic is on your radar and you have been all over it since the draft. I guess I have too.
    DD.....which whom they say is now healthy is not broken down. Why is that not taken as gospel if coach is saying it??
    DD loves the Giants and football. he knew this was his only chance to still play so whats wrong with that??
    Too soon to get crazy that Pugh will not start. IMO......but you do as you must to maintain your sanity....
    "Maintaining my sanity" is a daily challenge, with or without the Giants to talk about.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

ok....yuo are worked up because this topic is on your radar and you have been all over it since the draft. I guess I have too.
    DD.....which whom they say is now healthy is not broken down. Why is that not taken as gospel if coach is saying it??
    DD loves the Giants and football. he knew this was his only chance to still play so whats wrong with that??
    Too soon to get crazy that Pugh will not start. IMO......but you do as you must to maintain your sanity....
    So you are admitting that you think MH has sanity to begin with?

Just to weigh in here...MH I usually agree with most of your opinions but on this one I think you are reaching.......to me this is a coaching staff telling a rookie that just because you are a our number 1 pick....you will not be given anything. you. have to earn it....This staff has been too loyal to it's vets in many situations and I see this as just another show of loyalty to DD.....There is no hidden 2nd thoughts here...just business as usual in camp Coughlin
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    "Maintaining my sanity" is a daily challenge, with or without the Giants to talk about.
    If Pugh doesnt start AND DD plays bad.....you are going to explode!!!

If that happens I will buy you a bottle of your favorite beverage to calm the savage beast.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post

Just to weigh in here...MH I usually agree with most of your opinions but on this one I think you are reaching.......to me this is a coaching staff telling a rookie that just because you are a our number 1 pick....you will not be given anything. you. have to earn it....This staff has been too loyal to it's vets in many situations and I see this as just another show of loyalty to DD.....There is no hidden 2nd thoughts here...just business as usual in camp Coughlin
    that settles it MH....you are wrong....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post

I would agree if he said that it was an open competition. Don't you think that's what he would have said if what you are saying is true?

I would agree if he said that it was an open competition. Don't you think that's what he would have said if what you are saying is true?
    On many teams yes...I would agree....But with how loyal the Giants have been with players on the down side of their careers......I think this is exactly how they would handle it.....I firmly believe this is a combination of loyalty to DD and motivation tactics for a rookie
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

If Pugh doesnt start AND DD plays bad.....you are going to explode!!!If that happens I will buy you a bottle of your favorite beverage to calm the savage beast.....
    I think everyone will explode if that happened..
    I thought we had something special!!!

Nothing is set in stone.....nothing

what TC has said:

Q: How do you think David Diehl can benefit from Justin Pugh pushing him along at right tackle?
    A: David Diehl is a highly motivated guy in the first place and competition always brings out the best, so between the two of them competing and battling away for positions and especially with Brewer in there as well, that’s all good stuff.

Coach Flatherty:

Q: So who is your right tackle?
    A: Right tackle is David Diehl. With Justin Pugh working in at right tackle and that’s what we’re starting out here in training camp. We’ll continue to progress that way. It will work its way out whatever which way it’s going to work. Both of them are getting the same amount of reps and we have a lot of confidence in David Diehl. Justin Pugh will get there as he continues to work.

Q: Knowing Justin the way you do, could he be smart enough to start opening day if you needed him? Do you think he could pick it up fast enough?

A: That’s something I wish I can answer after two practices but maybe after ten or eleven practices, I might give you a little bit better of an idea. I know this, all of our guys in our offensive room are working. When they come to work each and every day, these guys are attentive and they are trying to learn it to the best of their ability. That’s my job to make sure they do learn it. Maybe the answer is going to be yes. I’d like to wait a couple weeks to tell you that, but if you’re asking me now, you better be ready.

Q: I know it is just such a sample, but what has Justin shown? …

A: We haven’t put pads on. I want to see him in pads. Right now he’s done the best he can do. He’s shown that he is the reason that we drafted him… a good solid football player. I’m anxious to get the pads on and then we will know a little bit more.
    Last edited by GameTime; 07-30-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Nothing is set in stone.....nothing

what TC has said:

Q: How do you think David Diehl can benefit from Justin Pugh pushing him along at right tackle?
    A: David Diehl is a highly motivated guy in the first place and competition always brings out the best, so between the two of them competing and battling away for positions and especially with Brewer in there as well, thatís all good stuff.

Coach Flatherty:

Q: So who is your right tackle?
    A: Right tackle is David Diehl. With Justin Pugh working in at right tackle and thatís what weíre starting out here in training camp. Weíll continue to progress that way. It will work its way out whatever which way itís going to work. Both of them are getting the same amount of reps and we have a lot of confidence in David Diehl. Justin Pugh will get there as he continues to work.

Q: Knowing Justin the way you do, could he be smart enough to start opening day if you needed him? Do you think he could pick it up fast enough?

A: Thatís something I wish I can answer after two practices but maybe after ten or eleven practices, I might give you a little bit better of an idea. I know this, all of our guys in our offensive room are working. When they come to work each and every day, these guys are attentive and they are trying to learn it to the best of their ability. Thatís my job to make sure they do learn it. Maybe the answer is going to be yes. Iíd like to wait a couple weeks to tell you that, but if youíre asking me now, you better be ready.

Q: I know it is just such a sample, but what has Justin shown? Ö

A: We havenít put pads on. I want to see him in pads. Right now heís done the best he can do. Heís shown that he is the reason that we drafted himÖ a good solid football player. Iím anxious to get the pads on and then we will know a little bit more.
    I never said anything was set in stone. I do say that I see a red flag right now.

I never said anything was set in stone. I do say that I see a red flag right now.
    Because they didn't name pugh the opening day starter in the first day of training camp?

When have the giants ever done that with any first round pick?

What an odd thing to be concerned about. Lets not forget that last season the entire training camp and preseason they had Pascoe listed as the starter at TE. And week 1 Bennett was the starter.

And we have already talked about how Diehl at 3.12 mil cap hit this season is being paid as a starter.