+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by imstilripped View Post
    I'm from Jersey.
    Not everyone from Jersey is a jerk. I am offended!

Quote Originally Posted by imstilripped View Post
    They have a lot of confidence in David Diehl huh? Does ANYONE on this board? He took a pay cut from 4 mil. to 1 mil. because he has a lot of confidence in himself as well. He knew no one else would give him a dime and so did the Giants. Yeah, they're full of confidence in a scrub no one else in the league wants.
    Harsh words for a guy who has given much to this team and above all his very best.

If Flaherty calls him the starter, that's good enough for me................and like it or not, he's the best we have available right now.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Harsh words for a guy who has given much to this team and above all his very best.

If Flaherty calls him the starter, that's good enough for me................and like it or not, he's the best we have available right now.
    agreed....but as I said in my response. It is by default right now.
    Unless DD makes a dramatic improvement you woul dhave to think Pugh will unseat him. At least I hope so since they thought enough of him to pick him in the first round.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Maybe saying Diehl is the starter is to give more motivation to Pugh. The rookie needs to prove himself and hopefully he does.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    agreed....but as I said in my response. It is by default right now.
    Unless DD makes a dramatic improvement you woul dhave to think Pugh will unseat him. At least I hope so since they thought enough of him to pick him in the first round.
    No doubt and I have been the guy grousing about the OL for 2 years and still don't see enough improvement. That said, Diehl may be our best RT for this year and if that is the case I am going to be rooting for him because he has been a very good Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Maybe saying Diehl is the starter is to give more motivation to Pugh. The rookie needs to prove himself and hopefully he does.
    Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    No doubt and I have been the guy grousing about the OL for 2 years and still don't see enough improvement. That said, Diehl may be our best RT for this year and if that is the case I am going to be rooting for him because he has been a very good Giant.
    well if he IS the starting RT this season I hope it is because his game is much better then it has been. If thats not the case then it means Pugh is pretty bad.....
    But I give DD all the respect.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I don't mind DD getting the starting job, it's just when TC and the coaching staff won't take him out, when he was clearly hurt and getting Eli killed.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    This is EXACTLY as I predicted.....I am like the Emperor Palpatine of this board.

Last year, Diehl was forced to play on an injured MCL after Locklear blew out his knee.....let's see how Diehl plays when healthy.....if Pugh beats him out, that's great. If not, I trust Flaherty and Coughlin to get the most out of the guys on the roster. Maybe Pugh slides over, maybe Diehl switches up, and becomes a reserve.

In either case, a healthy Diehl, a 1st round pick in Pugh, and a sophomore David Wilson makes me more optimistic about this offense.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 07-29-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    This is EXACTLY as I predicted.....I am like the Emperor Palpatine of this board.

Last year, Diehl was forced to play on an injured MCL after Locklear blew out his knee.....let's see how Diehl plays when healthy.
    Look....I love DD. But it makes no sense that the Giants would threaten him with release unless he took an 80% pay cut (near the vet minimum), and envision him as the starting RT this season.

This statement about DD being the started is an indictment of Justin Pugh and that blown first round pick.
    He was drafted to start at RT and it seems that he has disappointed the coaching staff to this point.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi