+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Look....I love DD. But it makes no sense that the Giants would threaten him with release unless he took an 80% pay cut (near the vet minimum), and envision him as the starting RT this season.

This statement about DD being the started is an indictment of Justin Pugh and that blown first round pick.
    He was drafted to start at RT and it seems that he has disappointed the coaching staff to this point.
    I respectfully disagree.

To me, it tells me that Diehl has recovered from an injury that hit in September, and he gutted through all year without complaint because the guys behind him weren't good enough to replace him.

In 2011, David Diehl took over when Beatty went down and played well enough at LT that the Giants won a 2nd Super Bowl.

He's not all pro, but when he's healthy, he's solid, smart, and works hard. I look forward to Pugh getting on the line, but only when he's better than the incumbents.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 07-29-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Look....I love DD. But it makes no sense that the Giants would threaten him with release unless he took an 80% pay cut (near the vet minimum), and envision him as the starting RT this season.

This statement about DD being the started is an indictment of Justin Pugh and that blown first round pick.
    He was drafted to start at RT and it seems that he has disappointed the coaching staff to this point.
    Has Pugh even put on pads yet? You liked the Wilson Pick and they brought in guys off the street rather than start him.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I respectfully disagree.

To me, it tells me that Diehl has recovered from an injury that hit in September, and he gutted through all year without complaint because the guys behind him weren't good enough to replace him.

David Diehl took over when Beatty went down and played well enough at the most important position on the line that the Giants won a 2nd Super Bowl.

He's not all pro, but when he's healthy, he's smart, and works hard.
    I have been one of DD's biggest boosters here. But its clear that his skills are in decline, healthy or not.
    But my points isn't about MY opinion of DD. Its the FO's opinion. To demand that he take that kind of huge paycut, tells me that they did not foresee him as a starter. Its seems clear that they saw him as a versatile back up. Then they reach for Justin Pugh in the draft.

Now they are making statements about him as the starter. When I put 2 and 2 together, I get the distinct impression that they are, up to now, disappointed in Justin Pugh.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Has Pugh even put on pads yet? You liked the Wilson Pick and they brought in guys off the street rather than start him.
    I complained mightily last year that TC overreacted to that week 1 fumble.

But I'll be honest. I loved the pick last year but I didn't like what I saw in Wilson last season.
    I didn't see the elusiveness in his running style for a guy that size. All speed and no wiggle.
    Maybe he'll show it this season.
    Get well soon 80.

Dorothy mantooth is an angel
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

I have been one of DD's biggest boosters here. But its clear that his skills are in decline, healthy or not.
    But my points isn't about MY opinion of DD. Its the FO's opinion. To demand that he take that kind of huge paycut, tells me that they did not foresee him as a starter. Its seems clear that they saw him as a versatile back up. Then they reach for Justin Pugh in the draft.

Now they are making statements about him as the starter. When I put 2 and 2 together, I get the distinct impression that they are, up to now, disappointed in Justin Pugh.
    The FO doesn't care who starts. All they care about is getting the best player per cap $ they can. If they felt Diehls skills were worth X amount then that is there decision. Reese isn't going to tell coughlin who to play, that's not his job.

I complained mightily last year that TC overreacted to that week 1 fumble.

But I'll be honest. I loved the pick last year but I didn't like what I saw in Wilson last season.
    I didn't see the elusiveness in his running style for a guy that size. All speed and no wiggle.
    Maybe he'll show it this season.
    I almost threw up when Wilson was benched in favor of Krumple, or whatever this ****ing name was.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    The FO doesn't care who starts. All they care about is getting the best player per cap $ they can. If they felt Diehls skills were worth X amount then that is there decision. Reese isn't going to tell coughlin who to play, that's not his job.
    I promise you that the HC is included in discussions when they try to figure out who to cut, who to keep and who to get a pay cut from.

There is no way they cut DD that much and planned to start him week one.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by imstilripped View Post
    Sorry homer, I know anyone who has a blue jersey on is Godly and wonderful to you and can do no wrong. Others of us actually believe there might be a better player floating around somewhere who should be on the roster, or playing. I can see it now, Diehl's guy blows by him and knocks Eli out for the season. Game time will be on here telling us all the stop whining.
    It's gotten to the point where if Eli gets any time to pass on 3rd and longs it's a relief. It feels like he has an eternity back there when he gets some time to pass (which is roughly 5% of his drop backs).

DD has no business starting in the NFL let alone on the Giants. Looks like the stubborn old dinosaurs with headsets are already going back to their old school prehistoric ways. And the season hasn't even started yet.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by imstilripped View Post
    I live in a condo, my neighbors don't need to watch the game to know who is winning, or which player screwed up.
    Not sure why you felt the need to share that. I wasn't suggesting you weren't a fan, but you might want to step back and actually listen to yourself. You sound like Buddy's evil twin.

;-)