+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It seems to me that they were more than willing to release DD if he didn't take a pay cut. There is no reason for him to take that cut unless it was clear to him that he would no longer be a Giant if he didn't.
    It all points to a disappointment in Pugh to this point. As I said..."to this point".
    Every team needs to reshuffle the deck to clear cap space, and an older vet like Diehl is a good example of that.

He had a high cap space hit, and was coming off a subpar season that included an MCL injury. So, I can understand why he would need to restructure.

He's also a 2 time SB champion, and was good enough to start at left tackle for both games.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Diehl injured his MCL in September....that's how Locklear got the start......Diehl took over when Locklear blew out his own knee. In a perfect world, Diehl should have been rehabbing his knee. I'm not going to blame him that guys like Brewer weren't ready to step up. Instead, an injured Diehl starts and people are on his *** about it, when they should be harshing on Reese for failing to stock the line a couple years ago when it was emerging as an issue.
    Right, all I said is that locklear outplayed diehl.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Right, all I said is that locklear outplayed diehl.
    Right, Locklear outplayed a guy with an injured MCL.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Right, Locklear outplayed a guy with an injured MCL.
    Glad that's settled. What's diehl's excuse for being, arguably, the worst starting OL in the league in 2010 and 2011

Veteran
    All I know is, if pugh isn't good enough to a start from day 1(barring injuries), my opinion of reese will drastically change.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    It's gotten to the point where if Eli gets any time to pass on 3rd and longs it's a relief. It feels like he has an eternity back there when he gets some time to pass (which is roughly 5% of his drop backs).

DD has no business starting in the NFL let alone on the Giants. Looks like the stubborn old dinosaurs with headsets are already going back to their old school prehistoric ways. And the season hasn't even started yet.
    If only we could surround Eli with a proper front office, coaching staff, and front line. Then he could really shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    All I know is, if pugh isn't good enough to a start from day 1(barring injuries), my opinion of reese will drastically change.
    He won't be able to survive another season after that
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It seems to me that they were more than willing to release DD if he didn't take a pay cut. There is no reason for him to take that cut unless it was clear to him that he would no longer be a Giant if he didn't.
    It all points to a disappointment in Pugh to this point. As I said..."to this point".
    C'mon . . . what a silly statement.

What else would you expect the OL coach to say about a respected veteran and a 2 time SB champ? It's Diehl's job and if someone wants it, they are going to have to take it. And why shouldn't it be that way?

So Pugh is a disappointment because he hasn't taken the job after two days of dancing in shorts? lol. Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    If only we could surround Eli with a proper front office, coaching staff, and front line. Then he could really shine.
    would be a 5x SB MVP and undisputed GOAT with a legit coaching staff.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

And this talk about DD being injured as an excuse for his poor play, the dude has stunk for 3-4 years now. Another Pro DD comment is how he's so versatile and can play 4 positions. this just means that he might possibly be the worst NFL player in 4 separate positions because of this.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.