+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tuck talks mechanics of defending read-option with O'hara

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player...in-Giants-camp

I can tell he's still enamored with RG3... this is gonna suck. At least he seems to understand his assignments fairly well when he has time to think about it and walk through them...

ohara should be getting the air time that the lame sapps pun intended are getting. hes really entertaining and understands the game. he also gives good insight into the trenches, where otherwise, it can be a relative unknown to casual fans.

and, i thought tuck has the right understanding on defending the read option, but hes got to put it on the field during gamedays...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    ohara should be getting the air time that the lame sapps pun intended are getting. hes really entertaining and understands the game. he also gives good insight into the trenches, where otherwise, it can be a relative unknown to casual fans.

and, i thought tuck has the right understanding on defending the read option, but hes got to put it on the field during gamedays...
    yeah....Tuck and they other 10 guys on the field too....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    Ten pages of hate coming right up.

I liked the video. very interesting to hear them discuss assignments. This offense is very stoppable. especially with a guy who's not 100% running it. I feel confident that after seeing this last year, The Giants wont struggle against Washington/philly. Both running similar offenses.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    I liked the video. very interesting to hear them discuss assignments. This offense is very stoppable. especially with a guy who's not 100% running it. I feel confident that after seeing this last year, The Giants wont struggle against Washington/philly. Both running similar offenses.
    I liked that he was able to immediately deliver his assignment based on the offensive alignment. And, honestly, i think that at least for the read option defense, tuck gets too much flak. 75% of the total rushing yards washington gained on us in 2012 were run directly at osi. While there is a lot of things you can lay at tuck's feet, thats not one of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I liked that he was able to immediately deliver his assignment based on the offensive alignment. And, honestly, i think that at least for the read option defense, tuck gets too much flak. 75% of the total rushing yards washington gained on us in 2012 were run directly at osi. While there is a lot of things you can lay at tuck's feet, thats not one of them...
    You do realize Osi wasent even a starter right? That would mean 75% of the yards were at JPP. And that is what you would expect with a run option offense. They have to run at the player they are most concerned with. Optioning JPP essentially removed him from the play

I think that we will see significantly less of the option from the Skins this year, as will the rest of the league. RG3 can't continue taking the beating he took last season, and with his knee injury being public knowledge, it's like he's wearing a bulls eye on that knee. I expect a lot more dropbacks from him thereby making him; and the Redskins offense overall, less effective.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    I think that we will see significantly less of the option from the Skins this year, as will the rest of the league. RG3 can't continue taking the beating he took last season, and with his knee injury being public knowledge, it's like he's wearing a bulls eye on that knee. I expect a lot more dropbacks from him thereby making him; and the Redskins offense overall, less effective.
    They all ready said that they are going to continue to run it. I think it speaks to they don't feel comfortable with RG3 running a pro style offense yet. Plus I heard on the NFL network that RG3 wasn't hurt becauseof the reid option, it's because he doesn't know when to get down.

One last thing about Tuck if they guy sings praises about RG3this year again...I'm done with him. That was so sickening to watch last year. You have all the networks doing it already and to have someone on your team do it and it being a division rival no one wants to hear that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    They all ready said that they are going to continue to run it. I think it speaks to they don't feel comfortable with RG3 running a pro style offense yet. Plus I heard on the NFL network that RG3 wasn't hurt becauseof the reid option, it's because he doesn't know when to get down.

One last thing about Tuck if they guy sings praises about RG3this year again...I'm done with him. That was so sickening to watch last year. You have all the networks doing it already and to have someone on your team do it and it being a division rival no one wants to hear that crap.
    The Jets also told every one they were going to get back to ground and pound under Sparano and they didn't. I really don't believe they will completely stop with the option, I just think there will be much, much less especially early on in the season. Running the option is one of the surest ways to get your QB hit and at the highest frequency to boot. If they truly want a franchise QB, they better get comfortable with the pro style offense, because he's not gonna make it 5 years in this league getting hit 152 times/season after two ACL surgeries on one knee.