+ Reply to Thread

Well, Looks Like Megatron Will No Longer Do Battle With Autobots

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/31/10...ons-retirement

According to Adam Schefter, he has already told his coaches and teammates that he's done with football. I wish that guy all the best, but I'm surprised he's retiring before Andre Johnson, who fell off a steeper cliff at the tail end of his career.

He should come do a season with the Gmen....just because

This is me after a Giants game

Detroit Lions: Where the best go to retire young.

Certainly the best WR of his generation, and one of the best ever. It's a shame he couldn't stay healthy.

Starter
    Arlington Texas. OOOps Iam supposed to say Dallas Texas
    1 problem with his monicker. Who was his Starscream, or Soundwave
    1970's tv is better than today's tv.

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    1 problem with his monicker. Who was his Starscream, or Soundwave
    I don't know, but it really was an appropriate nickname if you view the Lions as the Decepticons. Megatron was a supreme leader whose supporting cast was never quite good enough. When you're second in charge is Starscream, a back stabbing weasel, you have organizational problems. So do the Lions.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/assets/images/5/9/0/176914590/cuts/Bartolo_Colon_HR_bigger_edit_mfnxnvlq_07hzzetd.jpg
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"

Can't blame Megatron for opting to retire from the game if he sticks with the decision. He made his mark on the game and made his money, so he's in the position to walk away before he heads into a steep decline. Would've been nice to see him win a SB ring, but that just wasn't in the cards.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Leaving 15mill on the table.....he must really hate playing for D-town ....lol

Barry Sanders Deja Vu

This is me after a Giants game

Quote Originally Posted by Gee718 View Post
    Leaving 15mill on the table.....he must really hate playing for D-town ....lol

Barry Sanders Deja Vu
    I think he really hates walking around in pain and he's got plenty of money. P Willis made the same choice.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/assets/images/5/9/0/176914590/cuts/Bartolo_Colon_HR_bigger_edit_mfnxnvlq_07hzzetd.jpg
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"

I've always hated watching the Lions, even when they had Sanders - but seeing the spectacle of Johnson's size and the mismatches he created in the secondary will be missed.