+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Matt dodge is alive and well

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/n...t-dodge-012816

I may be in the minority, but I really don't blame him for that crazy loss to the eagles. He wasn't the one that allowed 21 points on defense to let them tie the game. The loser fans that sent him death threats are horrible fans. Good to see that he has moved on with his life.
    Let's put the women and children in bed and go looking for dinner

I always felt for the kid.

It was a horrible game to watch as a fan but I can't dream of what it felt.like to live Matt Dodge's life for the next couple years.

We've sll.msdd mistakes, luckily we don't have to suffer like Dodge did.

Fans are way more emotionally invested than fans are. Some fans' lives fully revolve around the team that they like. Scapegoating one person is too easy to do. I was piss ed after that loss, but I got over it. Some people are still holding on to it.
    Let's put the women and children in bed and go looking for dinner

So that game was not all his fault. But he had a really bad season, many shanked punts. Next year he looked better in training camp but it was too late. No hard feelings, but he cost us a playoff run
    #80 Get better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    So that game was not all his fault. But he had a really bad season, many shanked punts. Next year he looked better in training camp but it was too late. No hard feelings, but he cost us a playoff run
    Stop it. He didn't give up 21 points in 8 final minutes of the game to get to the final punt. 21 points, for god's sake

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    I always felt for the kid.

It was a horrible game to watch as a fan but I can't dream of what it felt.like to live Matt Dodge's life for the next couple years.

We've sll.msdd mistakes, luckily we don't have to suffer like Dodge did.
    I'm betting he was repeatedly telling himself: "at least I'm not Billy Bucks" and "at least I'm not Scott Norwood". There's always schadenfreud to get you through a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Stop it. He didn't give up 21 points in 8 final minutes of the game to get to the final punt. 21 points, for god's sake
    31-10 lead with 8:17 left in the game.... Blame the punter. This was your typical Tom Coughlin special. I always hated the fact he got left out to dry. First off, it was 31-10. I dont care if our punter was Eli, it wouldnt be his fault we lost. Secondly, the snap was pretty bad, high and over his right shoulder if I can remember. He had to turn to get the ball and quickly fire a punt off. And lastly, its the damn job for the punt team to tackle Desean. There were 10 other ST members who failed, especially since the punt was originally muffed by Jackson and he had to retreat.

Dodge had a hell of a leg.

Lets not act like Wing didnt suffer from brain farts vs the Eagles this season too. His 1st game vs them was atrocious and Sproles did in fact return one on us. Its just there was much less on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    31-10 lead with 8:17 left in the game.... Blame the punter. This was your typical Tom Coughlin special. I always hated the fact he got left out to dry. First off, it was 31-10. I dont care if our punter was Eli, it wouldnt be his fault we lost. Secondly, the snap was pretty bad, high and over his right shoulder if I can remember. He had to turn to get the ball and quickly fire a punt off. And lastly, its the damn job for the punt team to tackle Desean. There were 10 other ST members who failed, especially since the punt was originally muffed by Jackson and he had to retreat.

Dodge had a hell of a leg.

Lets not act like Wing didnt suffer from brain farts vs the Eagles this season too. His 1st game vs them was atrocious and Sproles did in fact return one on us. Its just there was much less on the line.
    What do you mean by "this was a typical tom Coughlin special?"

Did anyone realize how thick, solid, and tight Matt Dodge was? He could easily challenge Weatherford for most jacked punter in Giant's history.
    Pic for reference of course:
    ★★★Markus Kuhn Crew★★★★★★Bobby Hart Crew★★★

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    He cost us the game?? Really?? I didn't realize he played defense too that year.