+ Reply to Thread

NFL moves extra point to 15-yard line for 2015 season

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/...nversions-to-2

NFL owners have approved the competition committee's proposal on extra points.

The NFL announced the extra point will now be kicked from the 15-yard line with two-point conversions remaining at the 2-yard line. The new rule also gives the defense the ability to score two points on returns.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

2 pt conversion being from the 2 just may cost Tebow a roster spot.
    Got a full day ahead of me today.

Right after I build the bridge, I'm going to burn the boats and then, if there's time, I'm going to embrace the grind.

This is NOT Giants related by any means.

Starter
    I was thinking about this last night. I can see teams (especially Patriots) taking advantage of this rule, unless it is changed. If you are on Defense, you have two free shots to be offsides. Try to time the snap and block the kick. If you are offsides, the team moves from the 15 to the 10. Big deal. It's not a big deal, but I think an offsides should put the ball at the 1.

In sports I'm noticing if something is easy let's make it more difficult. If you suck at something let's make an adjustment to make it easier...
    Last edited by NYGhtmare; 05-20-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Starter
    Also... unless they already addressed this, Teams get a free play or two to take a "cheap shot" at a player. Again, if the defense hits a guy before the play, like the center. What is the penalty? Half the distance to the goal line? If so, this rule change has added a handful of plays per game that you essentially take away a negative for a cheap shot hit before the snap. Get this fixed before Gregg Williams and the Rams get hold of this.