This thread will be devoted to Khaseem Greene, the player the Giants passed up in favor of the Next Jeff Rutledge.

As a Rutgers Alumni, Chicago area resident, and fan of good defense, I'll be posting periodic updates on the promising young linebacker....

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/21570...ce-briggs.html

BOURBONNAIS — Rookie linebacker Khaseem Greene has a lot to learn, but he’s learning from the best.
Greene, a fourth-round draft pick from Rutgers, is playing on the second team at weak-side linebacker behind Lance Briggs, a seven-time Pro Bowl player. And Briggs is doing everything he can to bring the rookie along quickly.

‘‘He’s great,’’ Greene said. ‘‘I’m picking his brain. I’m watching him on film. I’m watching him in practice. I’m asking him a lot of questions, and he’s giving me answers.

‘‘He’s been a dominant player for all these years. That’s something I want to be. Having him in front of me, somebody I can go to when I have doubt or questions, it’s amazing. It’s a really good situation for me.’’

The 6-1, 241-pound Greene, a two-time Big East defensive player of the year, is a former safety who became a playmaking strong-side linebacker at Rutgers. He can play any of the three linebacker positions.....