+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Khaseem Greene Update Thread

Khaseem Greene Update Thread

This thread will be devoted to Khaseem Greene, the player the Giants passed up in favor of the Next Jeff Rutledge.

As a Rutgers Alumni, Chicago area resident, and fan of good defense, I'll be posting periodic updates on the promising young linebacker....

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/21570...ce-briggs.html

BOURBONNAIS — Rookie linebacker Khaseem Greene has a lot to learn, but he’s learning from the best.
    Greene, a fourth-round draft pick from Rutgers, is playing on the second team at weak-side linebacker behind Lance Briggs, a seven-time Pro Bowl player. And Briggs is doing everything he can to bring the rookie along quickly.

‘‘He’s great,’’ Greene said. ‘‘I’m picking his brain. I’m watching him on film. I’m watching him in practice. I’m asking him a lot of questions, and he’s giving me answers.

‘‘He’s been a dominant player for all these years. That’s something I want to be. Having him in front of me, somebody I can go to when I have doubt or questions, it’s amazing. It’s a really good situation for me.’’

The 6-1, 241-pound Greene, a two-time Big East defensive player of the year, is a former safety who became a playmaking strong-side linebacker at Rutgers. He can play any of the three linebacker positions.....
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

good think we passed, Greene would have made too much sense..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    good think we passed, Greene would have made too much sense..
    Yeah, the last thing the Giants need is a fast linebacker that is smooth in coverage and creates turnovers.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in...rs_as_olb.html

Khaseem Greene, who grew up in Elizabeth, N.J. and won Big East Defensive Player of the Year twice for Rutgers, is making an impression as a linebacker for the Chicago Bears.
    The fourth round selection (117th overall) had a solid first preseason game in a win over the Carolina Panthers in which he had four tackles. "As long as I'm out there I'm going to try to do everything within the scheme and the defense to go out there and make plays. If the opportunity presents itself like that, I'm expecting and holding myself to the standard of going and making it," he told ChicagoBears.com's Larry Mayer. He had three tackles in the Bears' 33-28 win over the Chargers last Thursday.
    The Chicago Tribune's Dan McNeil wrote a few days ago that Greene "looks worthy of a role on special teams" and that the Bears' coaching staff had similar things to what was said at Rutgers about Greene's "smarts, maturity and leadership qualities."

- Emlen Tunnell

Greene was in my mock draft 2nd Round, when he and Okafor fell in the draft. I was shocked. Even Werner played Well for colts, we could of had over pe pe le pugh

like Shakes from Maryland says, "Are we allergic to Linebackers?"

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Absoulutley Loved Khaseem Greene! This guy was so dynamic at Rutgers, and a huge playmaker for them. One of my fave players in last yrs draft, along with Alec Ogletree, whos wit the rams now.

I saw someone mention Werner on here, and he was the guy i would of picked had i been GM with our first pick in draft.

My first 4rds would of played out like this.

1).Bjorn Werner DE Florida St.
    2).Jamar Taylor CB Boise St.
    3).Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
    4).Marcus Lattimore RB S.Carolina(albeit, Brown and Wilson look fine, but i just loved this kids upside if he is healthy).

Didn't find Greene impressive at all. Still don't.

He will alwys be a backup, IMO.

Also did not find Ogletree (can't shed at all) or Werner (not a natural pass rusher) impressive either

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Absoulutley Loved Khaseem Greene! This guy was so dynamic at Rutgers, and a huge playmaker for them. One of my fave players in last yrs draft, along with Alec Ogletree, whos wit the rams now.

I saw someone mention Werner on here, and he was the guy i would of picked had i been GM with our first pick in draft.

My first 4rds would of played out like this.

1).Bjorn Werner DE Florida St.
    2).Jamar Taylor CB Boise St.
    3).Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
    4).Marcus Lattimore RB S.Carolina(albeit, Brown and Wilson look fine, but i just loved this kids upside if he is healthy).
    With our OL concerns right now, I can only imagine how bad of prospects we would have been had we not drafted Pugh in the 1st.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Khaseem Greene is getting the start in place of Lance Briggs this weekend. Given the Giants bye, I'll be closely watching the Bears game to see how my Rutgers bro handles business.

- Emlen Tunnell

+ Reply to Thread