+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i was hoping he was going to be our 4th rd pick, I was shocked when we picked Nassib. As far as WLB I think we are ok with Paysinger and Jacquain. It was the middle we had the glaring hole..It looked decent with Connor, but once he got hurt you can clearly see Herzlich is not a starting caliber NFL middle linebacker. Here's what I would do moving forward..

1. re-sign Beason to a 2 or 3 yr deal ( if he makes it thru this season injury free)
    2. Draft a young MLB to learn under Beason for a few years
    3. Cutt Herz..great story but not a very good football player anymore

GET WELL SOON

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    i was hoping he was going to be our 4th rd pick, I was shocked when we picked Nassib. As far as WLB I think we are ok with Paysinger and Jacquain. It was the middle we had the glaring hole..It looked decent with Connor, but once he got hurt you can clearly see Herzlich is not a starting caliber NFL middle linebacker. Here's what I would do moving forward..

1. re-sign Beason to a 2 or 3 yr deal ( if he makes it thru this season injury free)
    2. Draft a young MLB to learn under Beason for a few years
    3. Cutt Herz..great story but not a very good football player anymore
    I definitely think resigning Beason needs to be a priority for Reese. Team has too many holes to create a new one by losing him to free agency next season.

For #2, I'd draft an OLB first....I do agree we also need an MLB of the Future, but we need an OLB of the Present.

As for Herzlich, yeah, agreed. Maybe keep him for specials or depth, but clearly he's not a starter.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Khaseem Greene is getting the start in place of Lance Briggs this weekend. Given the Giants bye, I'll be closely watching the Bears game to see how my Rutgers bro handles business.

How did he do?

He had four tackles yesterday which brings his grand total to 5.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    How did he do?
    I thought he played well, positionally.

Considering he's a rookie, playing his first game, on an injury-depleted unit, I thought he did a very good job.

Alot of the action went to the SAM side, so Green was on the tail end of alot of plays. But he covered his responsibilities.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/23561...ce-briggs.html

On a hit-and-miss defense against the Green Bay Packers, Khaseem Greene was right in the middle.

The rookie from Rutgers made the tackles he was in position to make in his NFL debut at linebacker. Greene had four tackles — all solos — and no missed tackles to finish with a plus-0.2 rating, according to Pro Football Focus.

I] felt real comfortable,’’ said Greene, who was replacing injured starter Lance Briggs on the weak side. ‘‘I don’t feel there was a [particular] challenge. I was prepared. We prepared as a team. We did some extra work. A lot of things I saw on film, I saw [in the game].

‘‘It was cool. I felt real good. It feels good to win. That’s really the only difference in this locker room. We got the win.’’
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Chicago coach happy with the play of his rookie linebackers....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2798262.story

For the first time this season, the Chicago Bears have limited their opponent to 21 or fewer points in consecutive games. Surprisingly, that has coincided with leading tackler Lance Briggs' absence due to a fractured left shoulder.

Rookie weak-side linebacker Khaseem Greene played 15 of 62 defensive snaps in Sunday's 21-19 loss to the Lions. Rookie middle linebacker Jon Bostic, starting for the third game in place of injured first-stringer D.J. Williams (left pectoral), played all 62.

"From the sideline, I thought (Bostic) was physical," coach Marc Tretsman said. "I thought he was good on his run fits. He moved around. I think he’s getting better, and I think that Khaseem played well. Did he play great? No, but most of the time he’s in the right spot."

The NFL credited Bostic with three solo tackles and three assists. Greene had one tackle.

"This is a great opportunity for them," Trestman said. "I don’t think they’re hurting us at all. I think they’re getting better each and every day. I’m excited about those two young guys."

In other news, Coach Coughlin indicated that Ryan Nassib was "looked outstanding holding the clipboard".

- Emlen Tunnell

So J Will, Beason, and Paysinger have all been better this year than Greene.

Yet I am sure we have all seen Eli absolutely tear up the league this year, so no reason at all to ever bring in another QB