+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Offense and Defense

This Offense and Defense

I'm very optimistic with our team on both sides of the ball. We have some great players. They all look great. We have a lot of options on the table.

I'm hoping for a great season this year.
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

I think our defense may have a good amount of holes in it. I have an issue with our D-line that it may not be able to handle Fewell's defensive scheme and playcalling wich he hadly calls for the blitz. I think he may have to implement more blitzes and hopefully some defenders can come untouched to get at the qb, disrupt the passes, or stuff the run. Hopefully players on both sides of the ball can stay healthy.
    Last edited by Diamondring; 07-29-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Welcome back,

I'm very excited to see our offense this year, especially the running game. The defense is still a major concern, but I'm hearing very good reviews from coaches and beat writers at camp in regards to some players on defense. They said Tuck is in his best physical shape. JPP is pain free, Prince looked very good today, as well as Marvin Austin. So that's good..just have to keep it up.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Veteran
    I'm worried about our D.. But as long as a few players can step up, we wont be in as bad of shape as we were last year. Also, a healthy NICKS and Randle stepping up on Offense with wilson and brown packing a punch out of the backfield will make it so hard for other teams to stop us.. we'll see but I'm thinking good things are coming this season.

Always nervous about Killdrive's playcalling, TC's hard nosed pre-historic stubborness, and the defense as a whole.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

I too am worried about our "D" the glaring hole at MLB is so big that teams again will be able to run and pass right at the heart of this Defense. 3rd and 5 will be an easy position for Opposing Offense's to convert -- JUST RUN THE DAMN BALL BETWEEN THE TACKLES -- 1st down due to the fact we don't have a MLB that will be able to stop it

Peace
    Dan

All-Pro
    Much more optimistic about their offense than the defense.

i thought u were leaving the boards for good? that didn't last long huh? lol im just messin welcome back

GET WELL SOON

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Much more optimistic about their offense than the defense.
    I really don't see how anyone can be optimistic about the D, as for the offense .. if Nicks, Cruz, Eli stay healthy, and with having a RB who can finally take some long runs to the house, it'd be underacheiving to be any lower than a top 5 offense.

[quote user=danme]I too am worried about our "D" the glaring hole at MLB is so big that teams again will be able to run and pass right at the heart of this Defense. 3rd and 5 will be an easy position for Opposing Offense's to convert -- JUST RUN THE DAMN BALL BETWEEN THE TACKLES -- 1st down due to the fact we don't have a MLB that will be able to stop it[/quote]

Wouldn't better tackle play alleviate that concern? I mean, if the RB is getting to the LB level, that speaks more of an issue with the DTs, not the LBs. Also, didn't we sign a few DTs in FA and draft one?
    Last edited by Drez; 07-29-2013 at 06:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread