+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury Report: Nicks Limited Again

Injury Report: Nicks Limited Again

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-limited-again

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks went through a limited practice again on Monday.

The wide receiver experienced tightness in his groin on Sunday and watched the last chunk of Sunday's practice. So his participation on Monday was actually somewhat encouraging.

Tom Coughlin was asked if Nicks being limited was for precautionary reasons.

"I hope so," Coughlin said.

Coughlin was asked if he's concerned that Nicks is being too cautious.

"I don’t know that," Coughlin said. "That's not what he tells me. We just want him out there competing and practicing. The guy has not practiced and he really needs to get out there. We’ll have to see the extent of which we have an issue here."

Wide receiver Kris Adams is dealing with a hand injury.

"Yeah, his finger popped out on him but he popped it right back in," Coughlin said. "He’s fine." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

im not one to make a big deal out of training camp injuries like most people do, but damn it's always something with hakeem. i love the guy and want him to remain a life-long giant, but it's frustrating. hopefully he can stay healthy this season.

This dude is gone after this season. HE IS FRAGILE. Not worth the $10M+ he will want.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    This dude is gone after this season. HE IS FRAGILE. Not worth the $10M+ he will want.
    ehhh i understand your frustration but it's still possible he has a monster season this year. let's wait and see. even though he's never had a season where he played 16 games, he still put up some solid stats. but yea he needs to show more durability or his contract won't be as large, or we won't re-sign him.

Easy now, it's a tad early for that
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Easy now, it's a tad early for that
    Tad early? We see this year in and year out. He reminds me of Bradshaw unfortunately. Great when healthy, a beast of a motor, but is fragile. Bradshaws feet broke down on him. I see Nicks legs doing the same... I hope not though. I like Nicks a lot, but this is why a few months back I said I would pay Cruz over Nicks.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

So there's a line somewhere: how much practice can Nicks miss before it effects his play in the regular season.

I can't be the only one who thinks that line is so far away as to not even be visible from where he is now.
    www.negativityscene.com

Follow me on twitter @negativityscene

Tad early? We see this year in and year out. He reminds me of Bradshaw unfortunately. Great when healthy, a beast of a motor, but is fragile. Bradshaws feet broke down on him. I see Nicks legs doing the same... I hope not though. I like Nicks a lot, but this is why a few months back I said I would pay Cruz over Nicks.
    We don't even know the extent of the whatever it is. If Randle keeps shooting the lights out at practice, they will be overly cautious with Nicks I think.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 07-29-2013 at 09:49 PM.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    So there's a line somewhere: how much practice can Nicks miss before it effects his play in the regular season.

I can't be the only one who thinks that line is so far away as to not even be visible from where he is now.
    Do we know what Nicks was doing (conditioning-wise) while he wasn't at OTAs? We know Cruz was working out fairly vigorously but not much about Nicks during the off-season until mandatory mini-camp and then he was limited.

# 80

as any and all Giants fans I want Nicks to succeed and be a beast with the team.

at this point regardless of how many or what type injuries he has its gonna be magnified because of his history with injury at inopportune times.

again if he wants a big payday from the Giants he gotta be on the field at least 75% of the time....and playing well.

+ Reply to Thread