+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury Report: Nicks Limited Again

I'd say be careful with him? No reason to push him when it's not needed at this point.. Let him heal. We know what a healthy Nicks is capable of.. So no need for us to see him streak down sidelines and beat one of his teammates for a TD and then pull up with an injury... So I'm fine with him being limited. Go full out vs Dallas in the opening game
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    I'd say be careful with him? No reason to push him when it's not needed at this point.. Let him heal. We know what a healthy Nicks is capable of.. So no need for us to see him streak down sidelines and beat one of his teammates for a TD and then pull up with an injury... So I'm fine with him being limited. Go full out vs Dallas in the opening game
    I'm with you to a point, but no matter how well he catches, runs, beats the defenders, etc. He does need to work with Eli so they are on the same page. Timing is critical on a lot of routes.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

wwoooo.....a strained groin....
    yeah this guy is a problem....
    please....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Obsess much? lol
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm with you to a point, but no matter how well he catches, runs, beats the defenders, etc. He does need to work with Eli so they are on the same page. Timing is critical on a lot of routes.
    yes they can get that timing down over portions of several pre season games...
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

"A̶d̶r̶i̶e̶n̶ ̶R̶o̶b̶i̶n̶s̶o̶n̶ Larry Donnell is the JPP of TE's". - Jerry Reese

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Do we know what Nicks was doing (conditioning-wise) while he wasn't at OTAs? We know Cruz was working out fairly vigorously but not much about Nicks during the off-season until mandatory mini-camp and then he was limited.
    It's a good point, but I assume that if he was not football ready we would have heard about it by now.

It would be extra odd that he would show up not ready in a contract year.
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    So there's a line somewhere: how much practice can Nicks miss before it effects his play in the regular season.I can't be the only one who thinks that line is so far away as to not even be visible from where he is now.
    You're not.
    Engage brain before speaking.

He's fine. Most guys get stiff the first days of camp cause they've been out of action and get sore. Nicks is just being precautious in this situation imo.

All-Pro
    While he has had some injuries in his short career that does to make him fragile. Hopefully it's nothing, but if he did pull something better to restit a couple of days. Doesn't mean his pre season is over.

+ Reply to Thread