+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

2012 was a mini-rebuilding year for the Giants. Let me explain.

Last year was a mini-rebuilding year for the Giants coming off their SB win.

They eased in 2 rookie playmakers on offense who will have significant roles (Wilson, Randle). Coughlin rarely gives rookies significant playing time so 2012 was basically a way for Wilson/Randle to get used to the NFL. Both flashed tremendous talent, and 2013 will be their year to shine. 2012 was also a season for rookie corners Prince/Hosley (Prince's 2011 season was mostly wiped out by injury) to get used to the NFL. Prince made a big step, Hosley showed some talent, and both should make a big step in 2013.

They let a bunch of washed-up or injury-prone veterans play out their final years on the team (Bradshaw, Osi, Phillips, Boley, Blackburn) who will all be replaced with talented young bloods. Boley/Blackburn were especially horrible last year so the LB play will improve greatly in 2013.

Nicks was badly limited all season playing with a nagging injury and played nowhere close to a #1 WR. That won't be the case in 2013.

Even in a mini-rebuilding year Eli still carried them to a winning record.

For the Giants, 2012 was essentially a way to ease in some young core players of the future (Wilson, Randle, Prince, Hosley) while at the same time exposing and saying goodbye to the dead weight (Bradshaw, Osi, Phillips, Boley, Blackburn). The purpose of the 2012 season was to set the table for 2013, especially since the Super Bowl is in our stadium this season.

Giants are now locked and loaded and set to do some MAJOR damage in 2013. It's amusing that everyone is making the big mistake of sleeping on this team.

JR wouldn;t be pissed they missed the playoffs then...

I
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Rationalize it however you want: we articles last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Rationalize it however you want: we articles last year.
    ?? articles??
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

That would be "sucked". That would be a fail from my swype app on my droid.

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

I totally disagree. Every year, the front office makes roster moves, reloads, if you will. They always try to field the best team possible. Last year, the team just did not seem hungry for repeat success. They found out last year, you win games with you guys in the trenches.

They're efforts this year were to improve a defensive line that couldn't stop the run last year. They also started to fix the Oline. However, the aging Oline needs further retooling, which did not happen in 2012 or 2013. Furthermore, The LBers are a total unknown. I'm not saying they can't be good, but they could be terrible too. And there a few veterans who need to rebound off a sub-par year or two.

This year, we are no more loaded than we were last year at this time. And if we succeed this year, it will be due to being hungry again for victory.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    That would be "sucked". That would be a fail from my swype app on my droid.
    ahhh.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    JR wouldn;t be pissed they missed the playoffs then...

I

Motivational tactic for the 2013 season.

Notice he's making these comments now during 2013 training camp, rather than after the 2012 season ended.

This is insane...if we suck this year you could make the exact same arguement with Pugh, Webber, Tuck, Rolle..etc.

Your reasoning of the Giants being the only team in the NFL that waits til rookies prove themselves and lets go of veterans who arent as good anymore is grossly ignorant.

Yeah... Put that one up there next to "imgrate"...

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.