+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Stevie Brown working to get better in man coverage

Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel
    Stevie Brown told me he noticed flaws in his footwork and backpedal on tape in offseason. He implemented new offseason workout. Focused less on classic lifts, more on balance work. Aim was to get better in man-to-man covg.

"I did a lot of body control stuff when I was in there lifting. Id be on BOSU balls, medicine balls. I did a lot of one-leg stuff, tried to get my stabilizer muscles up and then try to transfer that to the football field.
    I grew up old school, powerlifting, bench, squat, clean, a few other things like that. So this was a whole new lifting technique. Yeah I still did the standard stuff, but at the same time, I did this stuff as well, just to build up all my muscles."

All-Pro
    Good for him. He perfects that part of his game he may be a pro bowl candidate
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Always Liked Stevie Brown - I agree he needs to get better with MAN Coverage because he won't always be able to play Center Field. I'm even more impressed after reading this because he admits to the flaws and is working to improve on that

Cant ask anymore of a guy like that, good for you Stevie Brown

Peace
    Dan

Stevie is a lot like Cruz was in early 2011, just a guy trying to prove himself... Yes brown has produced, but he's man enough (haha stupid pun i know) to admit his faults and to work on rectifying them...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

s.brown is jacked up. dude is cut up. he did seem to move a little robotic like at times or something. working on the agility can only help

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    s.brown is jacked up. dude is cut up. he did seem to move a little robotic like at times or something. working on the agility can only help
    You ain't lying. I saw a pic of him and thought he was a Linebacker not a safety. Dude is jacked.

What part of that quote is about man coverage? Am I missing something?

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    What part of that quote is about man coverage? Am I missing something?
    Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel
    Stevie Brown told me he noticed flaws in his footwork and backpedal on tape in offseason. He implemented new offseason workout. Focused less on classic lifts, more on balance work. Aim was to get better in man-to-man covg.

This part ^

Chris

I'm glad he noticed flaws and is working on getting them figured out. Brown sounds like a perfectionist and true lover of the game.

I really hope our safeties could defend the deep ball. I don't want us to have another CC Brown-ish season