+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Coughlin On Hakeem Nicks: "He Really Needs To Get Out There"

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He loves having them participating. He's just concerned as time is short before it's real. Receivers need to get their timing down and there is only one way to do that.
    But you must see my point RF. They brought him back too soon last season and it was a disaster. You would think he would consider that before he starts barking to get him on the field just a few days into camp.

And I don't buy the timing argument either. This is his 5th season in this offense and he needs to get healthy more than he needs to work on his "timing".
    If he's healthy, he'll be great.
    Get well soon 80.

MS, when would Nicks have been fully recovered last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    But you must see my point RF. They brought him back too soon last season and it was a disaster. You would think he would consider that before he starts barking to get him on the field just a few days into camp.

And I don't buy the timing argument either. This is his 5th season in this offense and he needs to get healthy more than he needs to work on his "timing".
    If he's healthy, he'll be great.
    I'm gonna split this one down the middle. I get the timing thing but compared to getting healthy for a 5th year warrior? Not close. Get fully healed.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Allow me to jump in here lol. This is pre-season, last year was regular season. Once we start playing for real, Nicks will need to push himself in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    You may not know this but my name isn't "Dr. Morehead".
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Allow me to jump in here lol. This is pre-season, last year was regular season. Once we start playing for real, Nicks will need to push himself in different ways.
    Its just a few days into camp and TC is already barking about how Nicks needs to get on the field.
    This is stubborness to the Nth degree.
    He HAS to learn the lessons of last season. And this is a groin. You gotta wait until its healed and then wait some more. That and a hammy need to be completely healed or they come right back.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    No one is holding a gun to Nicks' head, TC is TC, he wants players to practice, he doesn't make them practice. If they report injured, they don't participate.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

You may not know this but my name isn't "Dr. Morehead".
    Which is why it baffles me when you make statements like:

"He really needs to get out there" .....is the exact attitude that caused him to come back too early last year and have an essentially lost season.
    The most compelling logical conclusion I can reach from this is that you prefer "real (as in not playing at all) lost seasons" to "essentially lost seasons."

But hey, I don't blame you. If I can't drive 100 mph in my neighborhood, I don't want to drive at all.

Its just a few days into camp and TC is already barking about how Nicks needs to get on the field.
    This is stubborness to the Nth degree.
    He HAS to learn the lessons of last season. And this is a groin. You gotta wait until its healed and then wait some more. That and a hammy need to be completely healed or they come right back.
    I believe wholeheartedly in the HC being a demanding hardarse. I also believe that a great coach knows the difference between who is hurt and who is gold bricking. Nicks is a brilliant talent and a guy who always answers the bell for us. He is kind of like Bradshaw in that regard. I want him as healthy as possible for the Dallas game all else be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    No one is holding a gun to Nicks' head, TC is TC, he wants players to practice, he doesn't make them practice. If they report injured, they don't participate.
    I trust that he is likely doing the right thing. I don't mind him leaning on the soft guys. I just want Nicks healthy and get queasy hearing TC saying "he needs to be out there" when maybe that is exactly the worst thing for him at the moment. Call me coach lol.

+ Reply to Thread