+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 103

Thread: Tom Coughlin On Hakeem Nicks: "He Really Needs To Get Out There"

  1. #61
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    What the heck are you talking about. he had a n ankle injury week 2.
    He slammed his left knee in week 2. By the end of the season, the right foot broken in Spring, the one you falsely claim "wasn't allowed to heal properly," was fine.

  2. #62
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    How could he? He was already hurt. He wasn't playing for a contract last year, either.
    Huh? Please read the original question.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Just because something happened to you doesn't mean its the same for Nicks. He's professional athlete.
    Again...you cannot possibly know the root cause of Nicks' groin pull. You are assuming that he's "out of shape". Plenty of players who are in great shape still suffer from groin pulls.
    Ok lets put it this way MS -- Im not assuming Nicks is out of Shape -- Im 100% Sure Nicks is out of shape --- Also didn't he SKIP OTA's -- Groin Muscle Pulls are a DIRECT RESULT OF NOT BEING IN SHAPE -- You can't overwork a Groin Muscle by Running and making Cuts so your theory is a reach A Huge REACH. Just by missing OTA's is saying I don't want to work out. His football Shape is questionable and will be questionable until he plays a whole Season.

    Broken Bone are a totally different story. Soft tissue injuries without even taking a hit is a IM OUT OF FOOTBALL SHAPE Injury

    Peace
    Dan

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Huh? Please read the original question.
    I did. You asked if Nicks took these precautions last season. I said he couldn't as he was already hurt.

  5. #65
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I did. You asked if Nicks took these precautions last season. I said he couldn't as he was already hurt.
    Go one step back in the string of questions.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  6. #66
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by danme View Post
    Ok lets put it this way MS -- Im not assuming Nicks is out of Shape -- Im 100% Sure Nicks is out of shape --- Also didn't he SKIP OTA's -- Groin Muscle Pulls are a DIRECT RESULT OF NOT BEING IN SHAPE -- You can't overwork a Groin Muscle by Running and making Cuts so your theory is a reach A Huge REACH. Just by missing OTA's is saying I don't want to work out. His football Shape is questionable and will be questionable until he plays a whole Season.

    Broken Bone are a totally different story. Soft tissue injuries without even taking a hit is a IM OUT OF FOOTBALL SHAPE Injury

    Peace
    Dan
    That is simply ridiculous. You can have soft tissue injuries and be in tremendous shape. Have you never seen a sprinter grab the back of his leg?

    I'm not continuing this argument because I'm old and tired and your point is way off base.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by danme View Post
    Ok lets put it this way MS -- Im not assuming Nicks is out of Shape -- Im 100% Sure Nicks is out of shape --- Also didn't he SKIP OTA's -- Groin Muscle Pulls are a DIRECT RESULT OF NOT BEING IN SHAPE -- You can't overwork a Groin Muscle by Running and making Cuts so your theory is a reach A Huge REACH. Just by missing OTA's is saying I don't want to work out. His football Shape is questionable and will be questionable until he plays a whole Season.

    Broken Bone are a totally different story. Soft tissue injuries without even taking a hit is a IM OUT OF FOOTBALL SHAPE Injury

    Peace
    Dan
    This is just plain wrong. First off all, Nicks was with the team training long before OTA's, just because he didn't participate in OTAs doesn't mean that he is out of shape. Second, you most certainly can over work a groin muscle by making cuts, as a matter of fact a quick change in direction via cutting is the most common way athletes injure their groins. Just because you personally experienced an injury due to being out of shape out doesn't mean that Nicks suffered his injury for the same reasons. You are completely off base here, and you are speculating at best.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That is simply ridiculous. You can have soft tissue injuries and be in tremendous shape. Have you never seen a sprinter grab the back of his leg?

    I'm not continuing this argument because I'm old and tired and your point is way off base.
    LMFAO --- Your so high on Hakeem Nicks that it has blinded you to reality.

    I like Nicks as much as the next guy -- I think he is Well above average as far as #1 receivers go, but what good is he to this team if he can't stay healthy?? You mention runners, usually 9.9999999999 times out of 10 it is a Hammy they pull after running all out for god knows how many laps. Nicks was running Routes Not a Marathon.

    Spin it any way you want, but Groin Muscle pulls are Nagging Injuries, and wont go away, they are a direct result from not being in Shape or better yet not working out and stretching that muscle the proper way.

    I like you, your posts for the most part are spot on.

    I don't B.S. I call it the way I see it and I don't talk about things I don't know about. Nicks IMOVHO Is a top 5 receiver in this league. (IF HE STAYS HEALTHY) and this injury is a direct result of Nicks being Laxed in the offseason.


    Peace
    Dan

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by danme View Post
    Ok lets put it this way MS -- Im not assuming Nicks is out of Shape -- Im 100% Sure Nicks is out of shape --- Also didn't he SKIP OTA's -- Groin Muscle Pulls are a DIRECT RESULT OF NOT BEING IN SHAPE -- You can't overwork a Groin Muscle by Running and making Cuts so your theory is a reach A Huge REACH. Just by missing OTA's is saying I don't want to work out. His football Shape is questionable and will be questionable until he plays a whole Season.

    Broken Bone are a totally different story. Soft tissue injuries without even taking a hit is a IM OUT OF FOOTBALL SHAPE Injury

    Peace
    Dan
    You have no way of knowing what kind of shape he is in. This is just a dumb assumption that you absolutely can't back up with any valid proof at all.

    Peace

  10. #70
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by danme View Post
    LMFAO --- Your so high on Hakeem Nicks that it has blinded you to reality.

    I like Nicks as much as the next guy -- I think he is Well above average as far as #1 receivers go, but what good is he to this team if he can't stay healthy?? You mention runners, usually 9.9999999999 times out of 10 it is a Hammy they pull after running all out for god knows how many laps. Nicks was running Routes Not a Marathon.

    Spin it any way you want, but Groin Muscle pulls are Nagging Injuries, and wont go away, they are a direct result from not being in Shape or better yet not working out and stretching that muscle the proper way.

    I like you, your posts for the most part are spot on.

    I don't B.S. I call it the way I see it and I don't talk about things I don't know about. Nicks IMOVHO Is a top 5 receiver in this league. (IF HE STAYS HEALTHY) and this injury is a direct result of Nicks being Laxed in the offseason.


    Peace
    Dan
    I appreciate the compliments. I really do. I'm simply challenging your argument, not you.
    A player can pull a groin muscle while in top shape. I'm not saying that being out of shape can't also cause a pulled groin, but its not the only possible reason. You are stating as fact something that is really just your opinion.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts