+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Tom Coughlin On Hakeem Nicks: "He Really Needs To Get Out There"

Hasn't Nicks already worked with Eli some in the off season? I thought he was with him at Duke U ..... while Eli was getting a tune up from his former College coach, David Cuttciffe. I know some muscles are slow to heal when torn or strained, the groin being one of those muscles. I would prefer he throttle back before he seriously injures it .... to be sure he is healty when the season starts.
    Last edited by rebelfan1966; 07-30-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danme View Post
    LMFAO --- Your so high on Hakeem Nicks that it has blinded you to reality.

I like Nicks as much as the next guy -- I think he is Well above average as far as #1 receivers go, but what good is he to this team if he can't stay healthy?? You mention runners, usually 9.9999999999 times out of 10 it is a Hammy they pull after running all out for god knows how many laps. Nicks was running Routes Not a Marathon.

Spin it any way you want, but Groin Muscle pulls are Nagging Injuries, and wont go away, they are a direct result from not being in Shape or better yet not working out and stretching that muscle the proper way.

I like you, your posts for the most part are spot on.

I don't B.S. I call it the way I see it and I don't talk about things I don't know about. Nicks IMOVHO Is a top 5 receiver in this league. (IF HE STAYS HEALTHY) and this injury is a direct result of Nicks being Laxed in the offseason.

Peace
    Dan
    Wow. Your ****y and wrong as rain. Guys and gals that run the 100 and 60 meter dashes pull their hamstings all the time and track stars are in phenomenal shape.

The more explosive the movement the more likely an injury. Football is game of violent cuts, and stop and go movements. Humans are not built like cheetahs, so these injuries will always occur, even to the athletes in the best of shape.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Wow. Your ****y and wrong as rain. Guys and gals that run the 100 and 60 meter dashes pull their hamstings all the time and track stars are in phenomenal shape.

The more explosive the movement the more likely an injury. Football is game of violent cuts, and stop and go movements. Humans are not built like cheetahs, so these injuries will always occur, even to the athletes in the best of shape.
    We have to get a better filter. It blocked out c0cky.

All-Pro
    Everyone heals differently. If anything Nicks does heal quickly with the exception of the knee injury last year. Muscles are not all the same in every person and recovery times are not the same either.

geeze.... a little groin pull and some of you are in an uproar.

chill out and go pull your own groin. maybe it will help you relax......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Everyone heals differently. If anything Nicks does heal quickly with the exception of the knee injury last year. Muscles are not all the same in every person and recovery times are not the same either.
    I hate groin pulls/ strains. They almost always come back too early. Its the worst muscle to injure for a WR, akin to a hammy pull/ strain, in that it can really affect their speed and agility. It probably not a big deal. I'm sure our medical staff can deal with a muscle strain- not even a pull.

No I want list this on Nicks's official injury history. Lighten up people.

I suppose we should be happy that a groin strain is the extent of the Giants' injury woes right now. It could be worse - look at the Broncos, Ravens and Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I suppose we should be happy that a groin strain is the extent of the Giants' injury woes right now. It could be worse - look at the Broncos, Ravens and Eagles.
    +1.......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    You are right on with that comment. I think Nicks is just being over cautious at the moment and he has to protect his body for as long as he can. ONce the regular season starts, he will have to be as healthy as he has ever been.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    geeze.... a little groin pull and some of you are in an uproar.

chill out and go pull your own groin. maybe it will help you relax......

+ Reply to Thread