+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Which is why it baffles me when you make statements like:

The most compelling logical conclusion I can reach from this is that you prefer "real (as in not playing at all) lost seasons" to "essentially lost seasons."

But hey, I don't blame you. If I can't drive 100 mph in my neighborhood, I don't want to drive at all.
    I'm not even going to try to understand this point. (if indeed you have one here)
    What I am going to say is that he clearly had leg problems as a compensation for the foot injury.
    (OK I admit I play a doctor on the Giants MB)
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I disagree -- Nicks Groin Muscle pull is a result of him not being in shape. Now he has to REST to heal up, So when does Nicks get into shape if he cant work?? This is a double edged sword and there is no real answer to it.

If he cant stay healthy Then say goodbye, he is NO GOOD TO THIS TEAM SITTING ON THE BENCH.

Peace
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by danme View Post
    I disagree -- Nicks Groin Muscle pull is a result of him not being in shape. Now he has to REST to heal up, So when does Nicks get into shape if he cant work?? This is a double edged sword and there is no real answer to it.

If he cant stay healthy Then say goodbye, he is NO GOOD TO THIS TEAM SITTING ON THE BENCH.

Peace
    Dan
    And you know this how..............

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm not even going to try to understand this point. (if indeed you have one here)
    What I am going to say is that he clearly had leg problems as a compensation for the foot injury.
    (OK I admit I play a doctor on the Giants MB)
    My point is that you wanted Coughlin to hold out Nicks in the name of not having an "essentially lost season."

But by holding him out, it doesn't dawn on you that instead of having an "essentially lost season," he has an "actual lost season."

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    And you know this how..............

Groin Muscle Pulls are a result of Not stretching and working on those particular muscles. Apparently Nicks hasn't been working out or this would not have happened When I was younger and playing organized football, I pulled my groin Muscles at the beginning of each season in the 1st week of practice for 3 straight years. After the 3rd time it happened I said this is the last time. I started working out 4 mos before the first practice and guess what -- I didn't pull my groin muscle/s again for the last 7 years I played.

Does that answer your question

Peace
    Dan

It's a worry if he's mentally limited himself. Being a contract year he could go out of his way trying not to get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    It's a worry if he's mentally limited himself. Being a contract year he could go out of his way trying not to get hurt.
    With diminished returns if his overly cautious mindset adversely affects his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    the only way he's going to get paid is by producing during the regular and post seasons. Nicks is a smart man. He doesn't want to risk injury so he could be limiting himself right now. Look at what happened to maclin. And given recent giants history, we know our old school dinosaur coaching staff has no issue throwing injured players into the fire. He probably wants to avoid what happened last year.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    My point is that you wanted Coughlin to hold out Nicks in the name of not having an "essentially lost season."

But by holding him out, it doesn't dawn on you that instead of having an "essentially lost season," he has an "actual lost season."
    No...I wanted him to allow his injury to heal properly. He clearly came back too soon. I wonder how much of that is attributed to the "he needs to get on the field" mentality.

When a guy has a broken foot, it needs to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by danme View Post
    Groin Muscle Pulls are a result of Not stretching and working on those particular muscles. Apparently Nicks hasn't been working out or this would not have happened When I was younger and playing organized football, I pulled my groin Muscles at the beginning of each season in the 1st week of practice for 3 straight years. After the 3rd time it happened I said this is the last time. I started working out 4 mos before the first practice and guess what -- I didn't pull my groin muscle/s again for the last 7 years I played.

Does that answer your question

Peace
    Dan
    Groin pulls "can be" caused by a failure to stretch and work a muscle.
    Lots of groin pulls come from overworking a particular muscle, inhibiting flexibility.
    You act as though you know the root cause and you can't possibly.