+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pugh will see alot of playing time this year

pugh will see alot of playing time this year

whether he beats out DD or not he will be starting , all it takes is one injury on the line no matter where ,if its LT DD will move over and pugh will start , if its LG DD will move there , if its center , Booth will move there and DD will move to LG , because of DD versitality he is most likely going to be on the field and as much as i hate injuries , its just not likely that all 5 guys on the OL are going to remain healthy through 16 ..IMO if DD is gonna be playing then i would rather him be at Guard than tackle , im tired of the speed rushers blowing by him and him looking lost , i personally want whats best for the team and the best 5 combo of guys on the line , btw what ever happen with petrus?? i had high hopes for him when he was drafted

All-Pro
    If Pugh doesn't become a starter.. He will be the first O-lineman off the bench I imagine..

Good point. And if he's not the starter, it just means we haven't had any injuries on the line.

my crystal ball sez that one of our starting guards will get hurt in camp or preason and pugh starts his career as a plug in on the inside.

All-Pro
    His versatility is a big reason he was drafted at #19

Either starter or not it is GREAT to have such a good talent to fall back on

Peace
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by cusetownGIANT View Post
    whether he beats out DD or not he will be starting , all it takes is one injury on the line no matter where ,if its LT DD will move over and pugh will start , if its LG DD will move there , if its center , Booth will move there and DD will move to LG , because of DD versitality he is most likely going to be on the field and as much as i hate injuries , its just not likely that all 5 guys on the OL are going to remain healthy through 16 ..IMO if DD is gonna be playing then i would rather him be at Guard than tackle , im tired of the speed rushers blowing by him and him looking lost , i personally want whats best for the team and the best 5 combo of guys on the line , btw what ever happen with petrus?? i had high hopes for him when he was drafted
    Petrus is well documented, not NFL ready, not ever.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by cusetownGIANT View Post
    btw what ever happen with petrus??
    His feet were stuck in concrete.

i think the OL is going to show stark improvements, whether pugh is on the field or not. competiton is a good thing, and simply by taking pugh first rd, it puts the entire unit on notice. these guys realize it.

and the OP makes great points. whether he beats DD by week 1 or not, Pugh will be a fixture on the OL sooner rather than later one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Petrus is well documented, not NFL ready, not ever.
    Isn't that why we let him go to the patriots, and they ended up cutting him anyway?

+ Reply to Thread