Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    This this is so blown out of proportion. If a black person said it would it be an issue? People drop the N bomb all the time. How come only white people have to apologize for it? Will all rappers apologize for using the N word in there song? Does micheal vick say the n word when he fighting dogs? Did david dheil say the n word after getting arrested for a dwi? Who gives a crap? If you put a lie detector on all the people in america and asked how many have every used the n word you would get like 99%
    That's a pretty wide brush your using and that is a pretty simplistic viewpoint

Unless you are black, you don't understand centuries of savagery and continued oppression because of the color of your skin. The white man used that word as a means to marginalize other human beings.

Unless you're black....you don't get to decide that word is ok.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    That's a pretty wide brush your using and that is a pretty simplistic viewpoint Unless you are black, you don't understand centuries of savagery and continued oppression because of the color of your skin. The white man used that word as a means to marginalize other human beings.Unless you're black....you don't get to decide that word is ok.
    if a black person continues to use that word a non black wont give a damn about its origins and use it too. Either black people stop giving the word any significance or refrain from using it with one another. It's a sensitive topic.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

Even many black people are beginning to wake up to this. Hopefully a few generations from now the n word will have no significance and the media will have to look for other reasons to keep people segregated.Screaming A Smith on his show said the exact same thing. If blacks want to use the word, then expect non blacks to use it too for whatever reasons they may be.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    if a black person continues to use that word a non black wont give a damn about its origins and use it too. Either black people stop giving the word any significance or refrain from using it with one another. It's a sensitive topic.
    Again....you don't get to decide that.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    That's a pretty wide brush your using and that is a pretty simplistic viewpoint

Unless you are black, you don't understand centuries of savagery and continued oppression because of the color of your skin. The white man used that word as a means to marginalize other human beings.

Unless you're black....you don't get to decide that word is ok.
    Tell me exactly, what is it about modern day blacks that enables them to understand "centuries of savagery and continued oppression" better than anyone else? What type of empathy do they possess that is mutually exclusive from any other race?

I'm 100% Greek. I don't understand the triumphs of my ancient ancestors, or the enslavement by the Turks any more than you would.

I'm happy as hell. I hope it divides their locker room the entire season.

All I have too say about this is when you hang out with black folks and hear them say that word constantly you will find yourself saying it without noticing it. I know I'm guilty, and I am not racist.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Tell me exactly, what is it about modern day blacks that enables them to understand "centuries of savagery and continued oppression" better than anyone else? What type of empathy do they possess that is mutually exclusive from any other race?

I'm 100% Greek. I don't understand the triumphs of my ancient ancestors, or the enslavement by the Turks any more than you would.
    You're kidding right? I'm not taking sides with the issue of using the N word however you can't possibly compare your perspective on being Greek with the plight of modern day blacks. When you speak of the triumphs of your ancient ancestors I suspect you are speaking of people that existed thousands of years ago. You are correct in asserting that you can't possibly relate to their triumphs however it's completely untrue that modern day blacks can't understand centuries of savagery and continued oppression. Blacks were marginalized legally in this country in the last 50 years!!! Remember the civil rights movement? What do you think those marches on Washington were all about parking spaces??? Blacks continue to be disenfranchised and diminished by societal perspectives plain and simple. This is a football message board and I really don't want to get into theologies and politics of this issue however I couldn't let this statement go unchallenged.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post

Because they continue to be oppressed to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by JPP=BEASTMODE View Post
    All I have too say about this is when you hang out with black folks and hear them say that word constantly you will find yourself saying it without noticing it. I know I'm guilty, and I am not racist.
    That still doesn't make it right....and, as I have stated more than once already, YOU don't get to decide that it's ok to do so.

How about when you're "hanging out with black folks" you say exactly what Cooper said and see if that's ok with them?