Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCDBS View Post
    You're kidding right? I'm not taking sides with the issue of using the N word however you can't possibly compare your perspective on being Greek with the plight of modern day blacks. When you speak of the triumphs of your ancient ancestors I suspect you are speaking of people that existed thousands of years ago. You are correct in asserting that you can't possibly relate to their triumphs however it's completely untrue that modern day blacks can't understand centuries of savagery and continued oppression. Blacks were marginalized legally in this country in the last 50 years!!! Remember the civil rights movement? What do you think those marches on Washington were all about parking spaces??? Blacks continue to be disenfranchised and diminished by societal perspectives plain and simple. This is a football message board and I really don't want to get into theologies and politics of this issue however I couldn't let this statement go unchallenged.
    What statement are you letting go unchallenged? I'm asking questions here.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Because they continue to be oppressed to this day.
    Hmm, news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Hmm, news to me.
    lol....you shouldn't even be talking on this subject then......you don't have a clue.

What statement are you letting go unchallenged? I'm asking questions here.
    He was pretty clear in his statements.

lol....you shouldn't even be talking on this subject then......you don't have a clue.
    Right...

So let me ask, is the "oppression" they face to day even remotely comparable to that of the past?

He was pretty clear in his statements.
    Right, but he was referring to statements that I didn't make. Unless he takes issue with me being Greek.

Right...

So let me ask, is the "oppression" they face to day even remotely comparable to that of the past?
    That depends.....are you comparing NOW to slavery or just oppression in general? Born into poverty with no real means to get themselves out of it, profiling, gerrymandering. Young black men and children are murdered on the streets every day, but get no real justice because they're not white.

Right, but he was referring to statements that I didn't make. Unless he takes issue with me being Greek.
    C'mon. You're comparing your heritige to black people of today. It's an asinine comparison and he called you out for it. You're not being oppressed today because you're Greek.

I got nothing but pure hatred in my heart for anyone who would do what he did. He is the only player in the NFL that I hope gets injured every time he touches the ball. Luckily, he's made of glass so it's a 50/50 shot every time.

He's scum playing for a scum team in a scum city.
    you talking about Vick or Cooper???
    I assume Vick
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    you talking about Vick or Cooper???
    I assume Vick
    Vick. I was quoting someone who was talking about Vick. Although I don't hold too much in my heart for Cooper either.