+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Pro-Bowl format

New Pro-Bowl format

I know the pro-bowl is a joke, but it looks like it is going to become more of a joke. No more AFC vs. NFC. Teams will be picked by 2 team captains. So essentially you could have JPP rushing Eli Manning. Just as an example.. Oh and no more kick offs.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/95...o-bowl-changes

I like it....it's like being picked for gym class all over again. Fans still vote and Deion and Jerry Rice will just pick their teams one by one.

At least it's interesting and something new....I'll watch it.

Why the hell were all these changes implemented? It's like they forgot about this year's pro bowl, which actually wasn't that bad to be honest, and only remembered the crapfests that were 2010 and 2011...

Looks like they're using it to test out ideas they have for the proper game.

bring back to QB challenge

they are doing what the nhl did.

Its actually rather smart, because the "draft" part of the process is another couple hours the NFL can get attention. The NHL all-star draft may be as popular as the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Looks like they're using it to test out ideas they have for the proper game.
    That's what I think. Except for the picking sides like in gym class part.

But who knows? Maybe that's what Goodell and the NFLP has in mind. Forget the team GMs, player scouting personnel, and coaches doing the draft. Let's put it in the hands of the fans!!!! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Why don't we all just get one of those old fashioned electric football sets, with the little cotton football and where the vibrating field vibrates the players all over the field?. It's about as interesting to watch as this new format. This PRO BOWL is becoming strictly a paper fantasy stat exercise. What a @#$%^&*(@ joke. Just send the top 86 fantasy point winners to Hawaii for an expense paid (for multi=millionaires, no less) vacation, and call it a day.

+ Reply to Thread